Enquiry ~::~ Tower shaped Desert Cooler for Home

C

cheguevara

Che, it has to do with the RH value, not the temperature per se.
If the temperature is 55°C and the relative humidity is lower than 35% or so you will get good cooling. And if, like Delhi, RH values are at lower than 20% RH you will be amazed at what a desert cooler will do. Fifty five outside and you could be looking at 30 or lower inside! :cool:
Its also about the convinience, size, look and utility, ease of use and not just only about the technicalities Sir...

The relative humidity in GCC Countries is never less than 35% anyway...

I stay half a kilometre away from the beach....the humidity is terrible in june-july...

Plus I keep my AC at 22 degrees in my home....30 degrees...naaaaaaaaaa!!!

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
I have one, by Bajaj and tower-shaped. It certainly doesn't compare to traditional coolers but will work for your requirements. We use it during day when power is cut-down and DGs are working.
Good!
Please share some details/specifications and price, so that I can finalise upon a model.

N

ntomer

Good!
Please share some details/specifications and price, so that I can finalise upon a model.
It's tower-shaped, takes less than 100 watts (therefore we run it on inverter too), uses paper based jaalis and cost about 5500 two years ago.

I can post some pics in the evening if you want...

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Yes, please! :)

What are paper based jaalis? :confused:
All I know is the ghaas-phoos wali jaalis used in normal coolers.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its also about the convinience, size, look and utility, ease of use and not just only about the technicalities Sir...
Plus I keep my AC at 22 degrees in my home....30 degrees...naaaaaaaaaa!!!
If it is good enough for American homes, I wonder what you would find objectionable! And you might well achieve temps considerably lower than 30°C, which I have already indicated.

There is a certain degree of arrogance that money brings; it would be tragic to let that hamper thinking pragmatically and responsibly.
22°C is fine, but what about some degree of commitment to the environment?! :(
Even if a desert cooler serves for just a month or two in a year, that would be a good start to make by way of an individual contribution or pledge.
Do read this to clear some misconceptions: Climate in Kuwait re:kuwait

C

cheguevara

If it is good enough for American homes, I wonder what you would find objectionable! And you might well achieve temps considerably lower than 30°C, which I have already indicated.

There is a certain degree of arrogance that money brings; it would be tragic to let that hamper thinking pragmatically and responsibly.
22°C is fine, but what about some degree of commitment to the environment?! :(
Even if a desert cooler serves for just a month or two in a year, that would be a good start to make by way of an individual contribution or pledge.
Do read this to clear some misconceptions: Climate in Kuwait re:kuwait
Sir in America the temperature doesnt reach 55 Degrees regularly...thats my point...

And its not about the money...

You are missing the point...which is:

We dont get to design/alter anything in the flats we live in as we dont & cant own them....you can do whatever you want in India but not here...

and Sir....55 degrees temperature with 90-95% humidity...its a deadly combo to survive in...and with desert coolers I dont think it would be very comfortable...

And I also care about the environment but I am also pragmatic...

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sir in America the temperature doesnt reach 55 Degrees regularly...thats my point...
and Sir....55 degrees temperature with 90-95% humidity......
You have, quite obviously, not read the article the link of which I posted! :eek:

single cooler to cool full home :eek: can u share some photos ....
Here, Deepak, as promised.
The oulet temperature at the grill is from just ten minutes ago.
DSC03550.JPG

DSC03549.JPG

DSC03548.JPG