Epic Ride to South India

Discussion in 'Travelogues' started by sudpulse, Feb 1, 2017.

1. sudpulse

sudpulse New Member

This is my first individual post in BCMTouring. I have been following this forum since long, but never posted my riding experience.

Brief introduction about myself:
    Name: Sudipto Chowdhury
    Ride: Honda CBR250R
    Profession: IT Engineer

I have been riding motorcycle for almost 15 years now, just after I turned 18. But I owned a bike after I got my job in 2006.

Me and my wife Priyanka have been thinking of a bike trip since long as our last long bike trip was to Gurudongmar lake, Sikkim on Nov-2015. Initially we thought of going to Rajasthan and Gujrat. But as Priyanka was brought up in Gujrat only and we both have already been to Rajasthan before, we dropped the plan and made the plan for South India.

As you all know, South India is not a place to be covered/ explored in a single ride and that too with my profession where taking leave is considered as a sin. But somehow I managed to take 2 weeks of leave and 1 week of Work From Home. So, eventually its a 3 weeks leave with little work in between.

We started our journey on 8-Jan-2017 and returned home on 29-Jan-2017. We have covered parts of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, TamilNadu and Pondicherry. Total distance covered was 5720 km.

Few Teasers for now. Will upload rest of the stories and pics after approval.

DSCN3507.jpg DSCN4423.jpg DSCN4742.jpg DSCN4767.jpg DSCN4760.jpg

MukundRao, uturn, Rajamar and 4 others like this.
  2. Rajamar

Rajamar Member

Waiting for your tlog,sir

3. deepuu

deepuu New Member

Can you share the iternary and your experience. I am planning to drive south from Pune in either the Swift or the Innova and go to Kanyakumari.

uturn likes this.
  4. santosh kumar kushwah

santosh kumar kushwah New Member

5. deepuu

deepuu New Member

Hello Santosh, I would be driving in my Innova to the south with family from Pune. Plan is as below - Pune, Bangalore, Salem, Madurai, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari, Allepy, Munnar, Kodaikanal, Ooty, Mysore, Coorg, Managlore , Goa and back to Pune

uturn likes this.
  6. CubiShop

CubiShop New Member

Wow! I also a bike rider, can you please share your problems which you have faced in the riding journey?