Essentials for a Motorcycle Ride to Ladakh

skysat2005

Super User
[MENTION=2]Yogesh Sarkar[/MENTION] - What additional documents to be carried, for Ladakh region, if the rider is not the owner of the bike on RC, i.e. My bike is registered in my Father's name? Am I required to carry any NOC etc from him authorising me to use the bike?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Nothing additional needed if motorcycle is in your father's name, because in any case his name is mentioned in your license. So you can easily show that to a cop and prove this fact.

sandeeps895

Adventure Rider
My motorcycle on my relative's name.
So what I have to carry fo r laddakh trip?
Kindly help.

- - - Updated - - -

My motorcycle on my relative's name.
So what I have to carry fo r laddakh trip?
Kindly help.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
All the bike papers in original and maybe a signed letter from that relative, stating that he is letting you use the vehicle for this trip.

Amritansh Tambi

Thanks for this valuable information.
I am planning to buy a new bike.
Which bike will be better and safer for manali-leh trip with my wife as pillion - Avenger 220 or Unicorn?

Yogeshji, I have a question for you. Please let me know what should be average speed that should be maintained on road while we are going for long ride and riding on 180 CC Bajaj Avenger on wide good road on comfortable weather with very less traffic.

80-90kmph should be fine. However it comes down to your comfort level and traffic.
Would it be any problem if I continue this speed for 10-12 hours even in HOT summer? Provided the traffic is not a problem or Riders comfort, actually I am asking about the ability of 180CC Bajaj Avenger and trying to guage the limit of it.