Evergreen Restaurant, Kasol, Parvati Valley

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Evergreen Restaurant, Kasol, Parvati Valley

By far our favourite restaurant at Kasol. Serves a variety of cuisines at very affordable prices. Very vibrant place, loved by the tourist crowd as well. Plays great music, usually of the Enigma, Enya style.

And, inside the kitchen. Old friends, but the attrition rate is high of late!

And a much older shot:

Last edited:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Evergreen Restaurant, Kasol, Parvati Valley, Himachal Pradesh

July 16 to 18 2008, we were there again!
What can I say! Kasol never fails to enchant us.
And at Evergreen, the food has, believe it or not, become even better!
Please do not go to this place if you are only looking for Indian cuisine - their USP is Continental, Israeli, Chinese etc.. at prices that are typically half of what you'd pay for the same in Delhi!
The Chief Cook is now Ramesh, who has been there over the years (tho not as Chief) and, of course, the owner, Didoo Sharma, is an absolute Chef himself!

Some recent pics:

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

Last edited:

mindless wanderer

with age, get a cage!
Visited this place on 6th November...and had lovely breakfast there

Ordered Spanish, Israeli and Fixed breakfast. The eggs preparation was lovely while the Hummus I had was the best I've had in India till date.

Enjoyed the ambiance and the views from there :)

DSC_0388.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

@ Anup Sir - Forgot to mention that I visited this place after reading your review...searched on google for a good restaurant in Kasol and bingo found your review on BCMT :)

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I envy you, Kashish!
We haven't had the chance to visit for quite a while.

Did you also try the Moon Dance Café? That, in fact, has been our traditional breakfast place. :)

mindless wanderer

with age, get a cage!
I envy you, Kashish!
We haven't had the chance to visit for quite a while.

Did you also try the Moon Dance Café? That, in fact, has been our traditional breakfast place. :)
Was there just for not even a full day...reached late eve...bunked at Himalayan Village (quite a lovely place to stay though tariff was a bit steep) and then the next morning was spent at Evergreen hogging Israeli food and then a short visit to Manikaran..we then moved to Manali...en route did use the manual cable car to get some cheap thrills :)

Would love to visit Kasol with more time at hand...and the weather at this time of the year was just perfect.

thefirstthambi

Aj Raina
Yes, inside the town, EVERGREEN is the best. Bhoj is another one. Sasi and Moon Dance would be next on my list.
Having said that, if you are elsewhere, ie other than Kasol town (high time to move around now that town is fast turning into another Paharganj with a few add-ons like a stream, one river and many trees), Chalal and Katagla have their own hidden surprises. None of the cafes outside Kasol, ie likes of Cafe Mari Vanna, Planet Shivaand Musik Cafe (all at Katagla) and Shiva, Himalayan Camp, Shanti, Guru and Maya (all in Chalal) can beat or match the variety and spread of cuisines as available at Evergreen or Bhoj or Moon Dance but there is something that happens when you are sitting in the wilderness (all these are in the countryside) and having simple meals. May be it is the effect of Alpine vegetation or purer air or absolute seclusion from chaos of traffic and hustlebustle of Kasol town, but there is something magical about these small cafes at Katagla, Chalal and Rasol.

Last edited:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I had my first dinner at Evergreen Cafe during my recent trip to Kasol. The food as well as the drinks were so bad, that we walked out, went back to Colonel's Dacha (where we were staying) and had our second dinner there. We wasted Rs. 1180 at the Evergreen Cafe and these guys didn't even know how to cook half decent hummus and falafel, forget about pasta, pizza and other things!
evergreen-cafe-kasol.jpg
drinks-at-evergreen-cafe-kasol.jpg
evergreen-cafe-2.jpg
pasta-evergreen-cafe-kasol.jpg
pizza-evergreen-cafe.jpg
mix-veg-plate-evergreen-cafe-kasol.jpg

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has it become that bad now? What a pity.
We haven't been there in many years now, but still have very fond memories of the fine food they once used to serve.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Has it become that bad now? What a pity.
We haven't been there in many years now, but still have very fond memories of the fine food they once used to serve.
Unfortunately yes. Only the pizza was half decent, otherwise rest of the things were so bad that we were surprised that these guys were still being recommended by everyone. Later a friend told us that their pancakes are good, but added disclaimer that he had those when he was high and when one is high, everything tastes good.

I guess best bet for cafes is still Pushkar. The food is far-far better.