Famous Gurudwaras How to Travel there

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
A : Dera Baba Nanak

A : Integrated check post..India Pakistan border..

A : This is the terminal
A: This is the stamp of india exit...at most recent check post..

A : Entering Pakistan

A: Frankly..this side work is complete..indian side work will at least take 4-5 months more..

A: This is Pakistan stamp..people enquired from me..that due to India's concern..we are not stamping the passport..what exactly is the concern..i explained them..

A: See this...huge.. really big

A: Airtel vodafone..jio..all work in 4g here..we are 4km inside..
Q : Phone le ja sakte hai Pakistan
A: Ha
A: Phone is allowed ..camera is also allowed.. though in my bus.. almost everyone was using phone...gopro i have seen
R1: Thanks for information

Q : Camera is allowed inside
A2: New Structure and destination needs advertisement.

No adhaar based entry by now.
No Group allowed at Kartarpur Corridor

Check Punjabi language only.
They were not allowed :

A: See both these videos.
Then people will feel confident to come here..
R1 : Haha,

A: Pakistan immigration
R2: Looks friendly environment
Bhai mujhe nahi pata but online bhi jitne milte hai chahe fb grps ya travelling grps ya pubg ya koi b online gaming ... Sab bahut friendly hote hai. Its more of a media hype ya faltu ka bhasad jo ho rakha hai

A: Well.. Pakistan and india..both take the papers of stamping, back..
This is india stamp of arrival.. Pakistan stamp of exit i could not take photo..as i had no idea its taken back
Yes.. frankly speaking.. almost all indians whom i met..were simply blown away by the Welcome ..and also the amount of money spent on the whole thing..

A: Well..i ll tell you..this kartarpur investment...is more than 1000 crore from Pakistan side..the facilities available on their side...is much more than our side..
Our check post in morning..it was literally a filth ..then got to know..the roof leaks badly.. everywhere it was water..in rain.. passport checking will come to a halt..because of rain inside..no soap in toilet..
I am sorry..but ya..this is todays reality..i did not want to take that video..but ya.. reality on our side is worse than what i just told..

Q : I sincerely hope that our side will try to match it as this facility is for Indians only.
A : The circles shown..are to be covered by shades, just like the shade in between..but money to supplier has been stopped..so no shades..
Now another fyi...there is a market setup just beside Gurudwara..many shopkeepers accept indian rupees ..
With so much hostile relationship..jinnah note ko hamare yaha chalakar dekhiye..

Q : Dear Friend, people will remember this step of Imran Khan forever, this had been a very long pending desire of people of Punjab.
R1 : Very right
A : Sir...i brought some Pakistan rupees with me..i showed to my hotel reception person..in public he just saw and baat khatm ..after 10 minutes..he saw my videos ..pics etc..and asked me..paise dunga..1 note mujhe de do..
R2 : Very right...sir.
A : Summary..sir hate mongers are everywhere..but this small step ..lets appreciate..i saw some old couples..they were thanking god..that this corridor opened before they died..i had no idea..how badly people wanted this corridor, until today..
Right..i saw so many old people..they were soo much appreciating Imran khan..

Q : I am so pleased to know this. Please guide those interested how to proceed
A : PILGRIMAGE TO KARTARPUR SAHIB
Try once. .if anything unclear..give me a call anytime..
This form is more simple than applying passport..
A: Apply for all individuals each separately.
R : I'm glad you shared this bro.

I've been wanting to go to Pakistan to prove the same point for many who carry hatred for the country and the people.

We are of the same land. Just because our countries chose to be different and political parties taking advantage of that doesn't make them bad.

I sincerely appreciate you posting this here.
A : Yes ....DO NOT APPLY FOR GROUP

adsatinder

Spiritual Journey of The Turban Traveller | EP 53 | Gurdwara Sri Guru Nanak Sheetal Kund, Rajgir
•Sep 23, 2019

PTC PUNJABI

2.61M subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
The Turban Traveller in the 53rd episode of the Spiritual Journey of The Turban Traveller visits Gurdwara Sri Guru Nanak Sheetal Kund Rajgir. Know the history of Gurdwara Sri Guru Nanak Sheetal Kund, Son Bhandar Caves, Brahma Kund and Suraj Kund, Rajgir (Bihar). Known for driving from Delhi to London- a 40,000 km journey and crossing over 30 countries in 135 days, Amarjeet Singh Chawla is ready for his next drive. Popular by the name of ‘Turban Traveller’, he will now start his spiritual journey to visit 120 Gurudwaras in 135 days in the India and Indian sub-continents to mark 550th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

adsatinder

Gurdwara Guru Nanak Sheetal Kund Rajgir, Dist- Nalanda Bihar(India) | JotTV Present
•Oct 16, 2018

Jot Tv

9.79K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
Gurdwara Guru Nanak Sheetal Kund Rajgir | Dist- Nalanda Bihar(India) | JotTV Present

adsatinder

#Rajgir #NitishKumar #GuruNanakSheetalKund
Nitish Kumar - Laid the Foundation of Guru Nanak Sheetal Kund Gurdwara In Rajgir
•Jan 12, 2019

Information & Public Relations Department, Bihar

20.3K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE

मुख्यमंत्री नीतीश कुमार ने शुक्रवार को राजगीर में गुरु नानक शीतल कुंड गुरुद्वारे का ईंट रखकर और शिलापट्ट का अनावरण कर शिलान्यास किया. राजगीर के हॉकी ग्राउंड हेलीपैड से सीधे शीतल कुंड गुरुद्वारा पहुंचकर मुख्यमंत्री ने मत्था टेका।

#Rajgir #NitishKumar
#GuruNanakSheetalKund

The Information and Public Relations Department (IPRD) is a division within the Government of Bihar. IPRD acts as an interface between the Government of Bihar and the Bihar People. The task of the IPRD is to communicate the policies and programmes of the Bihar Government clearly to people through Print Media, Electronic Media and Social Media platforms and providing feedback to the Government on important matters reflected through these platforms.
This YouTube Channel allows IPRD Bihar to publicize the policies and programmes of the Bihar Government.

Boost the developmental, welfare programmes with wide publicity of their enrollment process, benefits and other whereabouts.

IPRD Bihar delivers reliable, authentic information across all platforms: TV, Internet, Mobile, Print media & Radio.

adsatinder

#CM ने #Rajgir में रखी गुरुद्वारे की आधारशिला
•Jan 11, 2019

AJAYA BHARAT

410K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE

#cmnitishkumar #nitishkumar #rajgir
#gurudwara
#prakashparv
#patnasahib
#tejpratapyadav
#tejashwiyadav
#unitedkingdom
#foreign
#company
#nalanda जिले के #Rajgir में #cmnitishkumar ने विपुलांचलगिरि पर्वत के तलहटी में बसे गुरूनानक शीतल कुण्ड परिसर का जीर्णोद्धार सह गुरुद्वारे के निर्माण कार्य की आधारशिला रखी..इस दौरान #gurudwara का निर्माण #gurunank शीतल कुण्ड सह गुरुद्वारे का निर्माण #Patnasahib श्री हरमंदिर सिंह तख्त तथा निष्काम सेवा जत्था ट्रस्टी #unitedkingdom द्वारा कराया जा रहा है

adsatinder

The Lost Sikhs of Biranchipur
ODISHA
GUEST COLUMN
HISTORY

By Anil Dhir

Last updated Sep 13, 2017

1592243387998.png

The road leading to Biranchipur village in the coastal district of Bhadrak winds through lush and verdant fields. Aside from an occasional bullock cart, there is little vehicular activity along the village road. The rhythm of daily life is pastoral and tranquil, lending an air of calm and even serenity to the people who call it home.

The story of the Biranchipur Sikhs is truly breathtaking, one which almost defies rational explanation. Despite being cut off from the mainstream Sikhs and Sikhism for more than 500 years, they have managed to preserve their ancient heritage. There are about 40 families who practice Sikh traditions passed down through the generations.

They are descendants of villagers who were preached upon by none other than Guru Nanak himself, who had visited the village during visit to Odisha in 1506 CE.

To the Biranchipur Sikhs, there is no question regarding the origins of the faith. Bhaskar Chandra Sahoo, a devout man who worships the Guru Granth Sahib daily, is a farmer with a small landholding. He has absolutely no doubts about the religion he practices. In the little temple which they call the Gurudwar, this small group does not have any idols, but just the Guru Granth Sahib and a few tattered copies of the Bhagawat Gita. The Granth Sahib is kept on an iron pedestal, carefully bound in layers of silken cloth. Despite their 500-year seclusion, they have still maintained their carried-down tradition, most of which have diluted and digressed over the years. The saga of the Biranchipur Sikhs is testimony to the power of Sikh history and memory. The Biranchipur Sikhs have clung to their identity despite five centuries of self-imposed reclusion.

This was not a chance discovery. While conducting my studies on the ancient Jagannath Sadak, I had got many clues about Guru Nanak’s visit to Bengal and Odisha in 1500. The Gurudwaras at Dum Dum and Burra Bazar in Kolkata and Chanderkona had recorded history of the Guru’s visit. In Odisha, the Guru’s presence had been recorded in Bhadrak (Sangat Gurudwara), Jajpur, Kendrapada Cuttack (Dantan Sahib) and Puri (Mangu Math and Baoli Sahib). I had got some clues about another place which had a relic and the holy book. An old reference about a small temple which had the Guru Granth Sahib was reported in 1960, but I could not trace the place. The author had given an account of a visit to a small village in Basudevpur Block near Guagadia, where he had seen the holy book.

The small group was initially suspicious of my motives and would not open up. It took me sometime to win their confidence, after which they told me the enchanting narrative of their religious journey. One of the elders told me that long back, a few decades ago, some Sikhs had come enquiring, but they had not shown them the Holy Book and the relic as they apprehended that it would be taken away from them. On my insistence that I had no such motives, they very reluctantly summoned the priest, a Brahmin, who come and grudgingly opened up the stacked up packet which contained the holy book. Bhaskar Sahoo told me that the book was at least 300 years old, and looking at the frail condition of the paper and the beautiful handwritten script, I could guess it’s vintage. The paper was falling to pieces and I gently handled a few pages. The writing was crisp and clear, in black and red. Each page was bordered in red which had faded with the years.

They then extracted the treasured relic from a secret compartment. It was a copper Kara, which supposedly had been given to their forefathers by Guru Nanak himself. The green patina of oxidized rust coated the Kara. The priest held it out to me; I took it with trembling fingers.

Sitting there with the Biranchipur Sikhs, I could feel the aura of the Holy Spirit that pervaded over the place. Two framed calendar sketches of Guru Nanak, at least seventy years old, were hung inside the temple. The villagers told me that they prepare the Kada Prasad every day and even recited the exact proportions of the ghee, sugar and flour. They held langars on full moons and the Gurus birthdays. For this small community, their little Gurudwara has always been the fulcrum around which their lives revolved.

For many Sikhs today, there is little difference between being Punjabi and being Sikh. But this was not always the case. Sikhism has a rich and vibrant history outside of the Land of the Five Rivers and it is a legacy which the Panth is only beginning to take notice of. In fact, four of the five Punj Piareys — the Five ‘Beloved Ones’ were from outside Punjab. One was from Odisha.

While Sikhs are overwhelmingly associated with Punjab and other parts of Northern India, there are many small communities who made their home in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Assam, West Bengal, Odisha and other States. Many of them live in virtual isolation, practicing their own form of Sikhism. The Biranchipur Sikhs do not cover their heads while reciting the Granth Sahib, something I pointed out to them.

How did this religious group maintain its invisibility for centuries? For one thing, they kept to themselves. While gathering information about them, I was unable to discover anything concrete about this nameless sect’s history. All I could discover about the groups history was the account they gave of themselves.

I also have doubts that they may have adopted Sikhism at a later date, much after Guru Nanak’s visit. The Sangat Gurudwara and the small community at Bhadrak may have spread the word of the Gurus in later years, and the Biranchipur Sikhs may have been an offshoot of this group. As the crow flies, Biranchipur is just about 25 Kms away from the Sangat Gurudwara. There was a continuous presence of Nanakpanthis in Bhadrak in the last three centuries; they were often seen on the Jagannath Sadak, making their way to Puri. In fact the Nanakpanthis had a permanent presence in Puri during the Rath Yatra, they stopped coming only after the partition of India. Both the Nanakpanthis and the Nanakshahis find place in the folklore of the area, there are references of them in the old palm leaf manuscripts too.

I found the group members to be unfalteringly nice, self-effacing, ever-gracious in their answers and meticulous in their conduct. During my many visits to them, they showered me with attention; I enjoyed their kindness and quiet dignity. They are distinctintly different from the other villagers. Their predecessors had received Guru Nanak teaching and had adopted his ideology by focusing it on one word, ‘Satnam’, meaning “true is the lord’s name.” This was clearly etched in Odia script on the front of the small temple.

Sikhism was, in its time, among the most practical of all religions. Its followers were not expected to give up their worldly ways. Instead, they were to moderate greed, pride and other ills while still remaining practical. The religion was founded on the principle of protecting the oppressed, of giving voice to the helpless and of being protectors to those who could not protect themselves.

I have got the old book examined by experts from the Patiala University. It is in an old Gurumukhi script which was prevalent about 350 years ago.

The Lost Sikhs of Biranchipur - ODISHA BYTES

Last edited:

adsatinder

Odisha Tourism :

Blog Detail

The Saga of Forgotten Sikhs of Biranchipur
Oct

The founder of Sikhism, Great Guru Nanak stepped into Odisha in the year 1506 after the completion of his pilgrimage in Assam & Bengal. Chandrakona Gurudwara in West Bengal had documented the Guru’s pilgrimage tour to Eastern states of the country. Bhadrak (Sangat Gurudwara), Jajpur, Kendrapara, Cuttack (Dantan Sahib) and Puri (Mangu Math and Baoli Sahib) are the places mentioned in the records, where it is believed that the Guru stayed during his visit to Odisha.

Biranchipur Gurdwara user20191025114951181.jpg

On 26th July, I got an opportunity to travel with an eminent historian Mr. Anil Dhir, to attend an event in Rasagovindpur in Mayurbhanj district. After the event was completed & we returned back towards Cuttack on NH16, we came across a series of old heritage monuments including temples, Gurudwaras, mutts & old bridges. All of these were used to be parts of Old Jagannath Sadaka & most of them were built either during the British ruling period or prior to that. Mr. Dhir’s research report on “Monuments of Old Jagannath Sadaka” (which he had done for INTACH) is one of the masterpieces ever done on Odisha’s history & he was really kind enough to take me deep through the history, as we were travelling very close to the Old Jagannath Sadaka that once used to connect Jagannath Dham Puri to parts of North & Eastern India.
We were told by Anil Sir that there are about 40 families in the small village of Biranchipur (in Simulia block, Balasore district), those who have been practicing Sikhism for generation after generation, since last 500 years. Guru Nanak during his pilgrimage to Odisha had stayed in this village for few days. The Sikh families of this village are the descendants of same villagers whom the Guru preached himself during his auspicious stay here during his first Udasi (journey) to Odisha in 1506 AD. I requested Mr. Dhir to help me in having a visit to this historic village, which he very generously accepted.

1592244128057.png

It was about 1:00 PM in the afternoon when we reached Biranchipur village. The Gurudwara is located at the end of the small village. It’s actually a small yellowish painted temple having a mixed architectural style of Odisha & Bengal (the present day temple was built in 1919). Inside the sanctorum a copy of “Guru Granth Sahib” said to be 300 years old is kept on an iron pedestal carefully bounded with silk clothes. Bhaskar Chandra Sahoo, the old man (a farmer) is assigned with the duty to perform all rituals & worshiping the Granth Sahib in daily basis. A treasure relic has also been kept inside the Gurudwara from the time of Guru Nanak’s visit. A Copper Kara, which they believe that, was given to their forefathers by the Great Guru himself.

1592244152877.png

1592244167878.png

1592244182255.png

1592244205847.png

1592244220971.png

1592244235902.png

1592244251802.png

1592244273410.png

The story of the Biranchipur Sikhs is truly overwhelming, that almost defies rational explanation. Despite being cut off from the mainstream Sikhs and Sikhism for more than 500 years, they have still managed to preserve their ancient heritage.
(Note: The information posted in this article & some of the photographs have been received from Mr. Anil Dhir)
By Deepak Kumar Nayak

Odisha Tourism :

Last edited:

adsatinder

PLEA FOR GURU NANAK CHAIR AT UTKAL UNIVERSITY
By IW News Service | Nov 14, 2019 | Education, State |

Bhubaneswar 13th November:
To mark the 550th birth anniversary of Sikhism’s founder Guru Nanak Dev, the Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has recently announced that eleven academic Chairs in the name of Guru Nanak will be installed in different universities, including one from Iran. Of these, seven are in Punjab, while the rest are one each in Gwalior, Bhopal and Kolkata. These Chairs will be entrusted with conducting research on the life and teachings of Guru Nanak, and will assist scholars in collecting information on the life, philosophy and vision of Guru Nanak.

Anil Dhir, who has written a well researched book on Sikhism in Odisha and the impact of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s visit to Puri in 1506 has written to the Chief Ministers of Punjab and Odisha, requesting them to set up a Chair at the Utkal University at Bhubaneswar. According to Dhir, the relevance of Odisha, Lord Jagannath and Puri in Sikhism has not been studied and given its proper place in history, hence Odisha deserves a Chair more than any other place.

Guru Nanak Dev has culminated his first and most important Udasi at Puri, walking more than 3500 kms across the northern and eastern parts. His visit and the composition of the Sikh Aarti at Puri are very most important events in Guru Nanak’s historical timeline. Consequent to Guru Nanak’s visit to Puri, the Mangu Mutt was set up by Bhai Almast, the Sikh preacher and Dhuari of the Udasi sect sometime in 1615 C.E. He had been deputed to the eastern provinces by Baba Gurditta, the eldest son of Guru Hargobind, to preach the message of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in the eastern provinces. The image of Baba Shri Chand, the son of Guru Nanak Dev Ji is kept in the shrine inside the mutt. It is because of Almast’s impressive work that Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji chose to visit the place in 1670 CE.
Another cherished link of the Sikhs with the Puri temple is its connection with Guru Gobind Singh Ji. In 1699, at Anandapur Sahib, while the guru was creating the Khalsa, Himmat Rai, a young lad from Puri who came from a humble background, offered his head to the guru. Even the lyrics of the Poet Laureate of Odisha, Bhagat Jayadeva finds a place of eminence in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. There are many such legends like these that indicate a strong bond between Puri and the Sikhs. Maharaja Ranjit has bestowed huge grants including a lot of gold to the temple and even bequeathed the Koh-i-noor to Lord Jagannath.

The Nanak Panthis would travel 2000 miles each year to visit Puri. They were primarily responsible of taking the Jagannath culture to Northern India and spreading the word of the Lord. Even after partition, they still came from Lahore each year during the Rath Yatra. Their presence has been recorded till 1955, after which border restrictions were imposed and they could not travel from Pakistan.
Historic mentions of the Sikhs in Odisha are made in innumerable texts and written records. In 1868 Smith, Sanitary Commissioner of Bengal reported that Punjabis came to Puri walking on foot about 2000 miles for six month long journey. They used to stay at Puri a day or two and walked back home happily. In 1873, J.S. Armstrong, Magistrate to the Commissioner, Orissa Division, wrote about the Mutt and its Sikh occupants. The Gajapati Raja of Puri had also granted the right of Chamar Seva or Mayur Pankhi Seva to be rendered by the Mahant of the Math. Mangu Math also played an important role during the freedom struggle. Many freedom fighters, both from Odisha and upcountry were sheltered here.

Dhir further said that during his research on the Old Jagannath Sadak, which was conducted in 2012, he had found numerous relics of Guru Nanak’s visit. There are tangible evidences of the Guru’s visit at Balasore, Markona, Biranchipur, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Kendrapara, Cuttack and Puri. With proper research much more will be unraveled. Biranchipur in Simulia block has fifty families who have been practicing the Sikh faith since the last 500 years, after hearing the words from the Guru himself. The tradition of Nanak Tamasha at Bhadrak flourished for centuries and can be revived.

The sheer lack of proper knowledge of Guru Nanak’s Odisha connection, both among the Sikhs of Odisha and the academicians led to the recent unpleasant incidents in which two of their important Mutts were slated for demolishment at Puri. The proper outcry and protests put a halt to the destruction of this valuable heritage. Even the representative of the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee and the Akal Takht were unaware of the importance and relevance of these places. Dhir says that 500 pages of references were made available by him to the petitioners in the Supreme Courts cases to justify the Sikh claim.

Dhir further said that the Odisha Government should set up a Jagannath studies Chair at a prominent University in Punjab. This reciprocal gesture will give impetus to proper research to the syncretism that exists between the Jagannath and Sikhs cultures.
According to Amiya Bhusan Tripathy IPS (Retd.), the State Convener of Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH), the path taken by Guru Nanak to come to Puri should be declared as the Guru Nanak Corridor and all the vestiges pertaining to the Sikhs should be properly restored and conserved. He said that these shrines hold immense potential for religious and cultural tourism and will draw Sikhs from all over the world. Dr. Biswajit Mohanty said that the Panjabi Mutt at Puri should be converted into a Sikh Museum.

Advocate Sukhvinder Kaur, whose activism was vital in stopping the demolishing of the two Sikh Mutts at Puri, has appealed to the Sikh Community of Odisha to collectively write to the Punjab Chief Minister. She has also appealed that the Odisha Sikh Pratinidhi Board should fund the Chair in case the Punjab Chief Minister does not agree.

PLEA FOR GURU NANAK CHAIR AT UTKAL UNIVERSITY - India Whispers

adsatinder

Spiritual Journey of The Turban Traveller |Ep-115| Historical Gurudwara in Biranchipur & Balasore
•Nov 29, 2019

548SHARESAVE

PTC PUNJABI

2.88M subscribers

The Turban Traveller in the 115th episode of the Spiritual Journey of The Turban Traveller visits Historical Gurudwara sahib of Biranchipur, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Sangat Sahib, Balasore (Odisha). Known for driving from Delhi to London- a 40,000 km journey and crossing over 30 countries in 135 days, Amarjeet Singh Chawla is ready for his next drive. Popular by the name of ‘Turban Traveller’, he will now start his spiritual journey to visit 120 Gurudwaras in 135 days in the India and Indian sub-continents to mark 550th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

adsatinder

Ep-115| Historical Gurudwara in Biranchipur & Balasore| Spiritual Journey of The Turban Traveller
•Nov 30, 2019

The Turban Traveller

6.39K subscribers

Spiritual Journey of The Turban Traveller |Ep-115| Historical Gurudwara in Biranchipur & Balasore The Turban Traveller in the 115th episode of the Spiritual Journey of The Turban Traveller visits Historical Gurudwara sahib of Biranchipur, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Sangat Sahib, Balasore (Odisha). The Name Sangat Sahib originated because when Guru Nanak Dev Ji stayed here for three days, and there were a lot of people who came to see him and the village got renamed as Sangat. He shows us around a Temple built in 1919, and they have handwritten 'Pothi' in there which is believed to be written way before that. Locals say that forty families living in the village are the descendants of the same pupil who Guru Nanak Dev Ji preached to when on his way to Puri. Do watch the episode to know more about the place.