Fast Tag not getting scanned? Toll still taken by toll employees? : Got it resolved

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I was travelling from Moradabad to lucknow. At a toll, I was told that my fasttag does not has sufficient balance. I said, its not possible. I showed them that I recharged it a day before. Then they told me, that my Fasttag is blacklisted and that I have to pay in cash.

I sensed that their equipment is not working and they dont want to let me go free of charge since there is a rule
"
This rule has been specified in The National Highway Fee Determination of Rates and Collection Amendment Rule 2018. Issued by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) under G.S.R. 427(E) states that-
“Provided also that if a vehicle user with a valid, functional FASTag or any such device with sufficient balance in the linked account crossing a fee plaza installed with Electronic Toll Collection infrastructure, is not able to pay user fee through FASTag or any such device owing to malfunctioning of Electronic Toll Collection infrastructure, the vehicle user shall be permitted to pass the fee plaza without payment of any user fee. An appropriate zero transaction receipt shall be issued mandatorily for all such transactions”."

I then decided not to fight there and came back to my home after paying the toll in cash. Exact amount, not double. I crossed some other tolls too in the way and my fasttag worked perfectly.

I came back to my home and filed a complaint on Pgportal, and also emailed it to NHAI.

I received this response today.

I have darkened my name and address but I hope, this can be of some respite to users who are reading it here, if they have ever faced such a situation.

1.png

2.png

Theloststory

I was charged on Fastag and then asked to pay cash as well. since Fastag charge SMS come very late, sometimes several hours late, I wasn’t sure. I paid up. A day later, I went to ICICIBank Fastag portal and raised a dispute. Shared my cash receipt and Fastag sms of same toll booth, charge at the same time. I got a refund on Fastag.

Recently when entering Mumbai, the Vashi toll booth couldn’t detect my Fastag. They tried with a hand scanner, then let me go without charging.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I was charged on Fastag and then asked to pay cash as well. since Fastag charge SMS come very late, sometimes several hours late, I wasn’t sure. I paid up. A day later, I went to ICICIBank Fastag portal and raised a dispute. Shared my cash receipt and Fastag sms of same toll booth, charge at the same time. I got a refund on Fastag.

Recently when entering Mumbai, the Vashi toll booth couldn’t detect my Fastag. They tried with a hand scanner, then let me go without charging.

This has happened to me as well, charged on fasttag and paid cash as well. However, I got back the charge in the form of cheque after I raised a dispute on PgPortal.

Mumbai and UP are quite different. I have been to Mumbai and I was amazed at the way people follow rules.

I guess, the toll people are no different, they also follow rules when they tried scanning with hand scanner and let you go.