FASTag in India

adsatinder

explorer
FASTag - What ? How ? Where ? Problems ? Solutions ?

Please share your experiences here.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
FASTag is cashless entry or pass through Toll Plazas on Highways in this era.
It was activated some years ago but now it is going to be a compulsory Item from 1 December 2019.
In 2017, 2918 also they tried to implement it but not successful.

Some Toll Plazas are at some of the remote areas with not much network.
2G is Luxury at remote places.
Forget internet at such places.

How this will work ?

Make all Toll Plazas as WiFi Zone also.
Internet via Dish for remote places is only solution here.
You can run ATM etc also this way and earn by making Restaurant etc here.
This will cover investment / costs in running economy.

Bank's transactions fail or scanner does not work even manually but you have to pay cash and after passing that Toll plaza, a sms reaches from your bank that amount is already deducted.
No one is going to return that amount.
Procedures are long.
Most members here have experienced this.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
Get FASTag free till 30 Nov 2019.
All Toll Plazas are giving this.

Q: Are we getting fast tag from RTO office in Delhi ???

A2: Yes. some rto offices are included in POS.

A2: Several BP petrol pumps have them. They'll have a signage announcing the same near the entrance.
I bought 2 from BP in Indirapuram. 100/- bucks each 5 minutes and it was registered on the spot. Direct link with Fastag official App direct recharge too.

adsatinder

explorer
What is charge of FASTag ?

Free for now till 30 Nov 2019.

But at Some places only available for free at Toll Plazas.
Most Pvt. Banks are selling online.
Paytm also.
Cost is 400-450-500 now.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
Recharge FASTag...
How ?
Can I recharge it from anywhere ?
Yes.

Buy from any vendor and recharge via any app / bank / wallet etc.

Paytm is easiest to recharge with.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
Vendor of FASTag ??
Who is selling FASTag ?

Most Pvt Banks, Paytm, Many agents at Toll Plaza , Petrol Pump, RTO, NHAI office etc.

I have seen at Amrik Sukhdev Dhaba on NH44 also by Paytm Agent in his Canopy in parking.

All these banks, Paytm etc take 1 week to deliver FASTag after online booking.

technomedic

Technomedic
FASTag experience from my travelling over past two months

1. Availability
As per recent details on social media it is available free of cost but you have to charge it your self, else you can get one online for as low as Rs 100.

2. If all tollways have FASTag
Yes it is available and working on almost all lanes on all National Highways and Expressways
BUT not on many state highways e.g. Ajmer to Udaipur State highway no FASTag option is there you have to pay in cash.

Similarly if you are aware of Western and Eastern Peripheral Expressway around Delhi, I used Western Peripheral expressway a day before Diwali, I was told that so far FASTag is not applicable on it and I have to pay cash

3. Double Charging
I entered a tollgate paid Rs 32 and moved on after going ahead of about 10 KM got sms which read that I have been charged for Rs32 from my FASTag, (How ? When ? I didnt charge it !!). Anyways I called on number written behind Toll Slip and they told me to call at Helpline on FASTag and then send them details by email.

My doubt was if it will work !! After being on phone call (Aap katar mein hain, aapki call jald lee jayegi) for thirty minutes (Please Note: FASTag customer care is available only in working hours and not at night) I got my amount refunded back after 3 days, same as told by customer care.

4. Personal Experience (about which bank FASTag to buy)
I am using SBI FASTag on my personal vehicle and PAYTM FASTag on second vehicle used by Family
For PayTm one just link it to your paytm account and it will keep deducting from your paytm wallet.
For SBI one either link it with your SBI Account number (NO I WONT DO THAT) so you have to charge it, but it dosn't work through app you have to go to SBI website and then do it everytime when you need to topup.

adsatinder

explorer
3. Double Charging
I entered a tollgate paid Rs 32 and moved on after going ahead of about 10 KM got sms which read that I have been charged for Rs32 from my FASTag, (How ? When ? I didnt charge it !!). Anyways I called on number written behind Toll Slip and they told me to call at Helpline on FASTag and then send them details by email.

My doubt was if it will work !! After being on phone call (Aap katar mein hain, aapki call jald lee jayegi) for thirty minutes (Please Note: FASTag customer care is available only in working hours and not at night) I got my amount refunded back after 3 days, same as told by customer care.
Lucky Man !
You got the Refund !