FASTag in India

Theloststory

You can also buy Fastag from Amazon India as well as Airtel Thanks App.
I recharged mine through
FASTag
went to 'Payments' in the top menu and selected Recharge.
Used Credit Card to recharge. Amex card worked fine.

adsatinder

explorer
@rahi

Checked at first toll (from Delhi to Ambala). By the time I reached to fast tag guy, it was 5 minutes to 5 and he was registering the last fast tag for the day... They are charging 600/- (300/- to be refunded in 3-4 days, 100/- as balance and 200/- tag charges). Tag shall be activated in next 24 hours- as told by fast tag guy.

adsatinder

explorer
Govt relaxes FASTag rollout mandate, at least 75% toll lanes must collect fee electronically from December 15
Govt has temporarily relaxed an earlier mandate for 100% electronic toll collection on National highways.
By
Nishtha Saluja

NEW DELHI: The ministry of road transport and highways has said that at least 75% toll lanes at toll plazas in the country must have electronic toll collection, temporarily relaxing an earlier mandate for 100% electronic toll collection (ETC) on National highways.

In a letter sent to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), in July this year, the highways ministry had asked for conversion of all toll lanes at all national highways to 'FASTag lanes December 1st onwards, a move that will make travel through toll plazas seamlessNSE -0.41 % and also remove congestion.

The ministry on November 29, provided a two weeks’ extension for the rollout, which begins on Sunday, December 15.

It was earlier decided that one hybrid lane will be allowed at every toll plaza to facilitate and monitor over dimensional or over-sized vehicles where FASTag and other modes of payment will be accepted and that it will be eventually phased out.

“Depending on the traffic pile up at high traffic volume fee plazas, not more than 25% ‘FASTag lane of fee plaza,’ may be temporarily converted to hybrid lanes,” the ministry told NHAI in a fresh communication on Saturday.

“Depending on the traffic pile up at high traffic volume fee plazas, not more than 25% ‘FASTag lane of fee plaza,’ may be temporarily converted to hybrid lanes,” the ministry told NHAI in a fresh communication on Saturday.

The ministry said that this was a temporary measure to be adopted for 30 days only to facilitate smooth flow of traffic, and avoid inconvenience to users.

It should be ensured that the least possible number of the declared FASTag lanes be converted into hybrid lanes temporarily and further that at least 75% lanes of every fee plaza remain declared and operational as FAStag lanes in order to incentivize the vehicles carrying FASTag, the ministry further said.

Introduced in 2014, the RFID-based FASTags affixed on vehicle windscreens would enable toll to be debited from a linked account, without requiring vehicles to stop for transactions.

Govt relaxes FASTag rollout mandate, at least 75% toll lanes must collect fee electronically from December 15

adsatinder

explorer
Livemint
Facts
The NHAI has also deployed marshals at each toll plaza for smooth traffic regulation. Photo: Mint

The NHAI has also deployed marshals at each toll plaza for smooth traffic regulation. Photo: Mint

FASTag: NHAI to keep 25% hybrid lanes at 523 toll plazas
1 min read . Updated: 17 Dec 2019, 07:19 AM ISTIANS
  • The National Highway Authority of India commenced electronic toll collection through FASTag at 523 toll plazas across the country from Sunday morning
  • The move to keep hybrid lanes was necessitated as 'the number of vehicles without FASTag still hover at a high number'

Topics
NHAIFASTag
NEW DELHI : The NHAI on Monday said that it has kept up to 25 per cent hybrid lanes at 523 toll plazas for cash as well as digital transactions.
The National Highway Authority of India commenced electronic toll collection through FASTag at 523 toll plazas across the country from Sunday morning, but the move to keep hybrid lanes was necessitated as "the number of vehicles without FASTag still hover at a high number".
"... Since the number of vehicles without FASTag still hover at a high number, 75 per cent lanes were kept as FASTag lanes and up to 25 per cent lanes were kept as hybrid lanes for cash as well as digital transaction," it said in a statement.

"This was done considering the convenience of the commuters who have still not installed FASTag on their vehicle."
The NHAI has also deployed marshals at each toll plaza for smooth traffic regulation.
"Studies have shown than smooth passing without stopping at toll plazas is likely to save thousands of crores every year for the nation," the statement said.

This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.

Business News India, LIVE BSE/NSE Sensex & Nifty, Share/Stock Market, IPO, Mutual Funds News

adsatinder

explorer
TN toll plazas struggle to adapt to FASTag as glitches play havoc on day one
The Union government has extended the time for motorists to affix FASTags on their vehicles by 30 days.
  • TNM Staff
  • Monday, December 16, 2019 - 12:18
Share @Facebook Share @twitter Share @reddit

Image for representation/PTI

The first day of FASTag implementation saw traffic snarls at the toll plazas across Tamil Nadu’s national highways, as per reports. While cash lanes were dealing with snail-paced vehicular movement, FASTag lanes were seen visibly empty.
One of the major snags observed by NHAI officials, according to The Hindu report, was that the account linked with FASTags lacked sufficient balance for the toll amount. The vehicular pile-up was also observed in toll plazas in Paranur near Chengalpattu, Vaniyambadi near Katpadi and Kappalur in Madurai. Users also complained of technical snags in the FASTags in which though they had enough balance in the wallets, the tags were being blacklisted.
The Union government recently made it mandatory for all vehicles using the toll plazas in the country to be affixed with FASTags on the windscreens. These are Radio Frequency Identity (RFID) tags will enable easy passage through a toll booth. The scanners fixed in each lane will identify the vehicle, and the toll ticket amount will be automatically deducted from the FASTag wallet of the owner.

In Tamil Nadu, there are 482 lanes of highways under the control of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) with 48 toll plazas. The government had extended the deadline to December 15 to implement FASTags across the country. On Sunday, all the toll plazas had one cash lane while the other lanes were converted to ‘FASTag only’ lanes.
Meanwhile, the Union government extended the deadline for vehicles to be fitted with FASTags by another 30 days after the NHAI wrote to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH), seeking an extension due to shortage of FASTags in the market. The tags (RFID chips) are imported and the entire process of import takes around six weeks to complete.

TN toll plazas struggle to adapt to FASTag as glitches play havoc on day one

Theloststory

On yesterday's drive, I had to pass through a total of 5 toll booths. Except one, all else said Fastag didn't get detected or worked. I paid cash 4 out of 5 times. A little later I got mails saying Fastag was also deducted every single toll booth. So I ended up paying double.

ICICI Fastag Toll Free Number 1800-210-0104 doesn't work.

The chargeable number 1860-267-0104 also doesn't work. Both numbers say 'Call Failed'

adsatinder

explorer
On yesterday's drive, I had to pass through a total of 5 toll booths. Except one, all else said Fastag didn't get detected or worked. I paid cash 4 out of 5 times. A little later I got mails saying Fastag was also deducted every single toll booth. So I ended up paying double.

ICICI Fastag Toll Free Number 1800-210-0104 doesn't work.
Send email to Nhai
Icici
Road transport minister
Also.
You will get sone certain reply.
Take image of all cash receipts and send as attachment.