FASTag in India

adsatinder

explorer
Question :
What if I should leave Toll without paying ?
This is tricky actually. I had enough balance on my fastag but still it showed tag blacklisted. On multiple attempts with hand held tag reader, it got validated. I don't know whether they would have allowed me free if tag doesn't read...

Answer:
Paytm has this option of raising the dispute and cash receipt can be uploaded to show double toll collection. They will refund the amount.

adsatinder

explorer
I went to 3 trips with my fastag. A few times they said it is not working. I simply refused to pay everytime they said its not working. Once they got this reader and got it read. Another times, they let mw go when i refused ro budge from my decision of not paying. I received a few messages later that toll is deducted. However, in couple of cases, neither the toll was deducted not i paid.

GTahlan

adsatinder

explorer
Shambhu Border (Haryana - Punjab Border of Ambala - Ludhiana NH44)
क्या FASTAG से टोल पर फ़ास्ट हो गया ट्रैफिक ? V-508 | TRANSPORT TV
•Dec 17, 2019

TRANSPORT TV

444K subscribers

adsatinder

explorer
NHAI Helpline No. is 1033

You have to show cash reciept to relative bank or issueing authority form where you have taken Fastag and recharging it.
Bill is issued by the related bank attached to Fastag.
Put complaint there on email by sending Cash Receipt.
This is clearly told in above video by Toll Plaza.

Shambhu Border (Haryana - Punjab Border of Ambala - Ludhiana NH44)
क्या FASTAG से टोल पर फ़ास्ट हो गया ट्रैफिक ? V-508 | TRANSPORT TV
•Dec 17, 2019

TRANSPORT TV

444K subscribers

Theloststory

So it seems I was unable to connect to the toll free number from my Airtel connection.
I tried from a friend's Jio connection and it connected. But I have been put on what seems like a never ending hold.

So after about 14 minutes of wait I spoke to someone who told me I have to log into my icicibank Fastag account.
FASTag

Go to Help Desk -> Request Information/Inquiries and Raise a complaint there. I have to give exact time and date details along with scanned copies of my toll receipts. They say refund should come in 15-20 days time.

That complex path (in bold above) I would have never figured out. So if anyone has an ICICI Bank Fastag they now know what to do.

The key is to insist (if you know your Fastag account has enough money) that it will be deducted from your account and then wait to show them your SMS or Email alert. But I guess its the same as waiting to pay cash. So there seems to be no real benefit. Only this way, with the Fastag, there are still bugs and hiccups In the system.

(I must add my emails came about 10 minutes late so that cannot help you at the Toll Booth. According to the email which came at 8:46am, the transaction occurred at 08:37:28. The cars behind you won't let you wait 10 minutes for an email.)

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
This is the scene almost everywhere.
You have to ask Govt to work.
But how do they work ?
All know this.
Systems are not failproof.

adsatinder

explorer
A friend who applied for FASTag via Paytm App on 28 Nov 2019 got it delivered via courier on 15 December 2019.
This is the Service, you can expect when they gave estimate of 5 days approx...
3-4 Dec 2019.

He paid Rs.400 then.
Now it is Rs.500.

You can take FASTag from Paytm Dealers also if it is available with them. Paytm is unable to supply to their reputed dealers also.
LOL !

Theloststory

I would rather go through Airtel App or Amazon. Or my Bank.
Anyway, I think until things are sorted out, perhaps it’s better to pay cash at the toll booths.