Fastest Route from Chandigarh to Chamba?

AamirH

Hi all,

Please suggest fastest route from Chandigarh to Chamba.

Fastest = Good tarmac + Low traffic + Shortest distance

Thanks.

dark_knight

Apurva Gupta
Aamir, I had gone via Ambala, Jalandhar, Pathankot, Dalhousie. Took me 13 hours from Delhi. You can shave off a minimum of 3 hours from this time. All the best. Sach ka saamna kar ke aana

PrashantBhardwaj

Lost and found in Ladakh!
[MENTION=10807]AamirH[/MENTION]:
Chandigarh - Una - Nurpur - Lahru - Chowari - Jot - Chamba

The route is scenic and Good tarmac throughout and will be short by 5 - 10 KMs from any other route..

AamirH

Aamir, I had gone via Ambala, Jalandhar, Pathankot, Dalhousie. Took me 13 hours from Delhi. You can shave off a minimum of 3 hours from this time. All the best. Sach ka saamna kar ke aana
Man you are fast !! Hum toh poori koshish karenge baaki rab ki rehmat :)

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=10807]AamirH[/MENTION]:
Chandigarh - Una - Nurpur - Lahru - Chowari - Jot - Chamba

The route is scenic and Good tarmac throughout and will be short by 5 - 10 KMs from any other route..
Is this is the route you are talking about? Looks good and deserted. I have been till Amb and must say fantastic road :) Thanks.
sach.JPG

varoon9999

Hi Aamir, both the routes are decent enough to reach chamba.
The route via una and jot is slightly hilly where as other route via hoshiarpur is plain and nice Tarmac road.
Happen to drive via hoshiarpur route which I found is sober route,but has plenty of tolls in between.

Chd-ropar-balachaur-hoshiarpur-dasuya-Pathankot-banikhet-chamba.

smoke

Hi everyone, I am looking to make a trip to bharmor. Any update on the road status ?

adsatinder

explorer
Hi everyone, I am looking to make a trip to bharmor. Any update on the road status ?
If you want to cover Una Chamba Route internally via hills.
It is ok at places.
Patchy at some places.
Most of the route is maintained like a local highway only.
Enjoy the route in daytime.
I have covered both routes in Bus last year.