Fiery sunset over the City - A Timelapse

asheshr

Super User
Hi Ankur, i am using virtualdub but the file size is huge.

It has two codec Intel IYUV (using this) and Microsoft REL/Vidoe 1(not working)

How to reduce the file size? 750 frames comes to around 223mb :confused: and the full 2201 come to 672 mb :shock: :confused::eek::mad:

It's a cityscape timelapse like your without the dramatic clouds.

Last edited:

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Hi Ankur, i am using virtualdub but the file size is huge.

It has two codec Intel IYUV (using this) and Microsoft REL/Vidoe 1(not working)

How to reduce the file size? 750 frames comes to around 223mb :confused: and the full 2201 come to 672 mb :shock: :confused::eek::mad:

It's a cityscape timelapse like your without the dramatic clouds.
Ashish, I have used Virtual Dub a few times before. You can selected Quality when using Microsoft REL codec or Microsoft video 1.
But as you mentioned they are not working for you, why don't you compress and resize the photos before stitching the timelapse? This is what I used to do before. This also makes the whole rendering process faster.

As for above video, I have rendered this video with around 900 images shot at 24 mp compressed to 2MB each in LR, and exported to video resolution of 1080p. File size is nearly 4 GB uncompressed. I have used Adobe Premiere for this.

asheshr

Super User
Ashish, I have used Virtual Dub a few times before. You can selected Quality when using Microsoft REL codec or Microsoft video 1.
But as you mentioned they are not working for you, why don't you compress and resize the photos before stitching the timelapse? This is what I used to do before. This also makes the whole rendering process faster.

As for above video, I have rendered this video with around 900 images shot at 24 mp compressed to 2MB each in LR, and exported to video resolution of 1080p. File size is nearly 4 GB uncompressed. I have used Adobe Premiere for this.
Ankur...thanks for the replies and suggestions...finally i did it in picasa...it was really fast and just under 30mb.

P.s.: its Ashesh not Ashish