Finally my LUV Ertiga Ldi comes home (1 Lakh km update)

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
Please do not cover your rear wind shield with the shades and blinds. It is OK for side glasses though.
Thanks for your concern. I never used this shades while I am driving. I am using these shades after parking my car so that LUV will get some relief form heat.

Congrats Vijay wishing you many happy miles in ur LUV, do you changed headlight assembly completely or inserted tubes in them? Do they act as daytime light too?
Thanks sir.
I have changed my headlight completely. New HID, projectors & neon tube. For this headlight need to be opened up fully. No these are not bright as DRL.

you have made your car SUPERMAN !!
now one long journey 'TO BANTI HAI'

Thanks for the kind words sir. I already did a Delhi- Dharamshala trip last month. Now planing for next trip.

- - - Updated - - -

After these additional fittings, is there any difference or extra load on alternator or battery likely to come?:rolleyes:

No there is no extra load on battery

- - - Updated - - -

So now time to write about performance of the LUV

The car is able to pull well without any discernable strain with a full load of 7 people. I did Delhi – Dharamshala trip in May with 5 adults and two kids and 4 suitcases on roof carrier plus 4 medium size travelling bags in boot area. Never feel like that LUV is under power even at the time on inclining the steep roads. No body from front to last row raised any issues with comfort. Everyone was happy with space & comfort.

I got 15.5 KMPL avg on this tour. I think it’s good for just 1000Km old car. Hope it will increase once I touch the 10K figure mark.

Next modification on list:
I am looking for auto folding mirror to install it in my LUV. Exploring the options right now. I know it’s a bit tuff task, but I want to give it a chance at least. Saw some Ertiga on youtube with these features. I Will explore the Mayapuri & Kashmiri gate market for this.

Manpreet84

Bullet in my head.
Congrats for your new car vijay. Can you please tell me the name and the address of the shop from where you have projector light work done?

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
Congrats for your new car vijay. Can you please tell me the name and the address of the shop from where you have projector light work done?
Thanks Manpreet
Shop is in Lajpat nagar market near hyundai showroom.
Shop name is Two brother. com
You can ask anybody there about this shop. You can also give my reference. I will PM you his number soon.

drvictor19

Vijay... congratulations for falling in Love with LUV....:grin:

Please share the travelogue of your trip .....!!

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
Vijay... congratulations for falling in Love with LUV....:grin:

Please share the travelogue of your trip .....!!

Thanks Victor...
Well it was a short 2 day unplanned trip. Visited their to attend one of my relative marriage. So didn't get a chance to do photo shoot of my LUV.

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
Today my LUV went for 2nd free service at Rana motors okhla. Nothing major just routine checkup... As per SA everyding is fine. Total bill 0 rs :)
Got it serviced within 2hrs. Now looking for the 10K service when lot of thing will vet changed..

Yesterday some body tried to break my LUV left rear view mirror.. It's hanging now with the help of inner steel wire. Will share de pic.
Checked with service guy he said that it will cost 2300 rs. for single piece. but was not available currently.

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
Quick update after reaching 6K figure.

NO major updated everything is running fine. But FE still hovering between 15 to 15.5 KMPL. I hope this will get increase once my LUV reach 10K figure mark.
Exploring options about how to install second charger point at third row.
If anybody can help then plz help me out..

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
Today morning found one little unwanted guest in my LUV, A Little mouse.

I don't know how he entered inside, may be from engine bay side. I hope mouse will not do any silly things like wire cutting or mat cutting.
I am thinking for inside air pressure wash for my LUV.

Is there any way so that this thing will never happen again.

knightrider60

Today morning found one little unwanted guest in my LUV, A Little mouse.

I don't know how he entered inside, may be from engine bay side. I hope mouse will not do any silly things like wire cutting or mat cutting.
I am thinking for inside air pressure wash for my LUV.

Is there any way so that this thing will never happen again.
I had a similar problem.A friend recommended using ratogum.I managed to buy it from more store,Rithala.
Some gum was applied to a cardboard and a small biscuit was stuck on it .I kept it under the seat and 2nd day i found a small fellow stuck on it :grin:
Good for me but not for the fellow.Anyway,problem solved with no wires or anything damaged.:rolleyes:

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
I will try this option for sure.
Thanks

I had a similar problem.A friend recommended using ratogum.I managed to buy it from more store,Rithala.
Some gum was applied to a cardboard and a small biscuit was stuck on it .I kept it under the seat and 2nd day i found a small fellow stuck on it :grin:
Good for me but not for the fellow.Anyway,problem solved with no wires or anything damaged.:rolleyes: