Food Places In Chandigarh (What you recommend where?)

bharti22shresth

My way or the highway!
As suggested in earlier threads but implemented by none(somethings are meant to be done by me. :p), starting this thread.

AIM: Discussing about the various food joints in chd. And request all members to recommend what they'd prefer at what place.

Cheers

My choice: Corn and Peas Sub at subway-11(all other subways just plainly SUCK)

Pavan Singh

Chak De Fatte!!
Great job Bharti. I always wanted this thread where we can discuss different eating joitns in Chandigarh. It somehow skipped my mind.

"Pick n Move" is my favorite eating place when it comes to snacks.

- One of the best Momos (Fried and steamed) that i have tried in Chandigarh
- Delicious and healthy Soup
- Love Malai Chicken tikka.
- Good roasted chicken.

Pavan Singh

Chak De Fatte!!
When it comes to dinner and i do not want to go out, I call Chawala's.

Their cream chicken is awesome. Full cream chicken will cost you around 280. Most enjoyed with Butter Naan.

Chawla Mohali: 01722265961

amitmaggoo

Insanity is Hereditary
I have just been to Downunder (average) and Moti Mahal (good). Cant recall the names of few others which I have tried.

Last edited:

ashpillai

"Pick n Move" is my favorite eating place when it comes to snacks.

Hey, Where is this "Pick n Move"??

Even though not a regular "eat out" kind of guy but I like the following places.

1. HM Salad Bar
Have been visiting this place in Sec 17 since school days. Nothing remarkable but I find the quality and quantity of food served much better than at most other places. Simple but friendly ambiance and a fairly well stocked Bar and of course great salads!

2. Swagath
Absolutely delightful for anyone looking for good seafood! The Bar is very well stocked too. On the expensive side but the taste makes up for that!

3. Indian Coffee House
There are two of them in Sec 17 itself! I love this place and am actually planning a research study and case study based on the place.
See, the interiors are unkempt, almost dingy, the seating is chaotic, staff is too overworked and somewhat non responsive. The menu is limited and not very elaborate.
Despite all that, the place commands extraordinary loyalty! It is rare to enter the place and find space immediately. I actually mean "space".

4. Gopal's
For the Sunday morning Poori Chana and the seet stuff. I visit the Sec 35 outlet as it is nearer to my home.

Other honorable mentions would include:

Copper Chimney (The Sec 26 One)
Barbecue Nation
The Cellar
Coolers (Sec 17 for non alcoholic drinks!)
Pal Dhaba

And as has already been mentioned, few products can beat Chawla's Cream Chicken!!

Shresth, need to loose KGs gained over the last 5 years and was trying not to even think of the paces your thread will now highlight!! Thanks Man!!

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
When we were kids, Hot millions was one of the best places to eat, esp the sector 17 bigger one.
Apart from that shangrila was great for chinese food. However I am talking about 15 years ago :p

Pavan Singh

Chak De Fatte!!
Hey, Where is this "Pick n Move"??
Booth No.12-13, Block-B , Sector- 08, Chandigarh

Haveli Phase 5 Mohali for Chicken
I love butter chicken and Lababdar chicken.
A must try
Do they provide home delivery. Anyway, I will try their butter chicken this weekend.

When we were kids, Hot millions was one of the best places to eat, esp the sector 17 bigger one.
Apart from that shangrila was great for chinese food. However I am talking about 15 years ago :p
Hot millions is still very good.
- Their Jumbo burger with Mustard sauce is my favorite.
- They are the only one who sell cheap and best pizza. as a matter of fact, they brought the pizza revolution in Chandigarh. To be more specific, they were pioneer in fast food chain in Chandigarh.
- I feel HM 2, Sec -17 is better than other in terms of food quality

bharti22shresth

My way or the highway!
Booth No.12-13, Block-B , Sector- 08, Chandigarh

Do they provide home delivery. Anyway, I will try their butter chicken this weekend.

Hot millions is still very good.
- Their Jumbo burger with Mustard sauce is my favorite.
- They are the only one who sell cheap and best pizza. as a matter of fact, they brought the pizza revolution in Chandigarh. To be more specific, they were pioneer in fast food chain in Chandigarh.
- I feel HM 2, Sec -17 is better than other in terms of food quality
Over the years, nearly all HM's have dropped in quality. Or maybe newer places have spoilt us.

Still, the buffet we had at salad bar was quite good.

I think you should try the cheese and onion pizza at NIK baker's too. It's better than even pizza hut and domino's. PERIOD!

Don't know about the home delivery part, but their chicken is quite something. A friend of mine was even talking about how good the mutton is over there.

My second advice- Rava Masala Dosa at Sagar Ratna. :D

Last edited: