Food Places In Chandigarh (What you recommend where?)

kprixie

i Dunno Anup ji....i just read a writeup on this in the BBC Good Food magazine. i thought i will let others know. as 199 is a good deal foe breakfast i think.

- - - Updated - - -

They have Mentioned Fluffy Omelettes so i presume it should have...bacon and sausages.

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER
Lol. Okay. To each his own, we never returned after that one visit :p
Same here,went there in 2009,i think it had just opened then.
Never went back again.
@kprixie,buffet hut sector 9 has also started serving breakfast for 199 bucks.
I love backpackers but you have to choose from a la carte,and you easily end up spending 1000 per person,not a VFM deal.
But their cheese cake is the best i have ever had,and on that note, Nik bakers bake one of the worst cheese cakes.

CoolVirgo

Shitij Koshal
i just got to know that BUZZCZAR..in sector 35 next to Kapil hotel...has a breakfast for just 199 bucks. fluffy omelettes, south indian..etc the full works. if someone does try it then do post feedback.
Next to Hotel Kapil is Hotel Orange. Could not recall if having seen BUZZCAR there.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here,went there in 2009,i think it had just opened then.
Never went back again.
@kprixie,buffet hut sector 9 has also started serving breakfast for 199 bucks.
I love backpackers but you have to choose from a la carte,and you easily end up spending 1000 per person,not a VFM deal.
But their cheese cake is the best i have ever had,and on that note, Nik bakers bake one of the worst cheese cakes.

Yes Akshay, even I have got information on Buffet Hut serving breakfast @199. It is in Sector 9 only and Mohali outlet does not serve b'fast.

komodo

Abeer Aulakh
Has anyone tried the Tunday kabab place in Sec-8 and 35(not sure if it is in 35)? Is it worth trying?

kprixie

Longtime....

but here goes.... i had lunch in BUZZCAR sector 35 , one day and was not realy impressed. i now eat out once or twice a month and prefer eating in a place where the food is good if not amazing ...as chandigarh lacks Amazing type food joints. so my opinion...would i go back to Buzzcar...i dont think so.

@ Akshay...cheesecakes in chandigarh are just about so so and i personally don't like Niks stuff. he uses too much artificial refined, proccessed syrups etc in his bakery. i can tell coz i bake a lot so have experience. best cheesecakes i have had are in Delhi. In Chandigarh the only good place for desserts and pastries are JW Marriot. i had their cakes lately and was very impressed. the price was not much diff than Niks.
if i want to have a good meal in Chandigarh then i head to the Whistling Duck in Sector26. excellent Keema Pao, grilled fish, pastas and love their soups , spl the corn ginger soup is delicious.

saneguy

Landing with family in Chandigarh on Oct 1 and going straight to Kandaghat / Shimla. What place would one recommend for Lunch? I dont want anything fancy. Instead want to try some Dabha that serves good authentic food - parathas, sabzi, dal. Really tired of city food...same taste :(

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
Landing with family in Chandigarh on Oct 1 and going straight to Kandaghat / Shimla. What place would one recommend for Lunch? I dont want anything fancy. Instead want to try some Dabha that serves good authentic food - parathas, sabzi, dal. Really tired of city food...same taste :(
If you can hold for an hour or so, eat at Dharampur. There are a couple of Dhabas, including the famous and now reduced to gutter Giani da Dhaba. I personally like Modern Dhaba (a little ahead of Dharampur clout near the Bus Stand). Basically once you start climbing, you will see on tons by the roadside. Not all are good though.