Food Places In Chandigarh (What you recommend where?)

SwaGGer

Burger Point is simply the best. I agree that they are better than McDonald's and others. But sometimes in the evening, i want a typical 'Roadside' kind of burger. you know, the one which has the basic aloo tikki, onion, paneer and noodles and the desi flavour. Cant find something like this in Chandigarh

AamirH

Burger Point is simply the best. I agree that they are better than McDonald's and others. But sometimes in the evening, i want a typical 'Roadside' kind of burger. you know, the one which has the basic aloo tikki, onion, paneer and noodles and the desi flavour. Cant find something like this in Chandigarh
Outside Manimajra market public parking (Tedi Gali), you will find couple of karts selling such burgers. If you can manage the crowd and hygiene they are exactly the same you are craving for.

citymonk

Super User
What happened to those ´Rehri Markets´ in open plots of Chandigarh. Muncipality gave some kind of licence to these open air food vendors, having ample sitting area too.
We as students visited such markets for Stuffed Prantha and Dahi for breakfast.

Have these vanished along with open spaces or Vendors have graduated to selling junk foods like momos and chowmien.

SwaGGer

What happened to those ´Rehri Markets´ in open plots of Chandigarh. Muncipality gave some kind of licence to these open air food vendors, having ample sitting area too.
We as students visited such markets for Stuffed Prantha and Dahi for breakfast.

Have these vanished along with open spaces or Vendors have graduated to selling junk foods like momos and chowmien.
Cant find such vendors now. For any such pranthas you got to dhabas.
Just in every sector one can find the momos and spring rolls vendors. That's all Chandigarh has now.

SwaGGer

Outside Manimajra market public parking (Tedi Gali), you will find couple of karts selling such burgers. If you can manage the crowd and hygiene they are exactly the same you are craving for.
Oh! Okay! Thanks for the suggestion

citymonk

Super User
Cant find such vendors now. For any such pranthas you got to dhabas.
Just in every sector one can find the momos and spring rolls vendors. That's all Chandigarh has now.
Sad state of affairs.
There was enough street food near PGI hostel, even at dead of night.
Hostel boys from university will have Parantha from street vendor and then good Icecream from round the clock Verka booth inside Hospital wall.

Plus in daytime there used to be enogh Samosa, Cholle Bhathure and Gulabjamun stalls in 17 sector market itself. Not to talk of those omnipresent Kulcha-Channa cycle wallas, with huge Copper vessels.

AamirH

Sad state of affairs.
There was enough street food near PGI hostel, even at dead of night.
Hostel boys from university will have Parantha from street vendor and then good Icecream from round the clock Verka booth inside Hospital wall.

Plus in daytime there used to be enogh Samosa, Cholle Bhathure and Gulabjamun stalls in 17 sector market itself. Not to talk of those omnipresent Kulcha-Channa cycle wallas, with huge Copper vessels.
Night food street still exists. There are some excellent night food delivery options as well. Not sure about Verka icecream stall but now that you have mentioned it I must go and check :D

SwaGGer

Pranthas and Night Food Street(NFS) have a better love story than twilight.
There are more vendors selling pranthas at night in either sector 11 or 10 I don't exactly remember.

citymonk

Super User
Night food street still exists. There are some excellent night food delivery options as well. Not sure about Verka icecream stall but now that you have mentioned it I must go and check :D
Yes that Verka Vend was parmanent feature of Hospital. Catring both to patient attendents and Adjoining university crowd, and yes at 2am night.