For all Missal-pav lovers

saintjude

Last month i went to attend a family function in Nashik (Maharashtra). On 21th May 2013, i went to Trambekeshwar which is about 25 kms from main Nashik city. It is a holy place devoted to Lord Shiva. On returning i was feeling hungry and decided to have a breakfast on a road side dhaba. Luckily i was with my relative and he advised me to have it on a Dhaba by the name of Shyam Sunder.

Route: If you are coming from Trambekeshwar to Nashik, there is a left turn just before the Ginger Hotel (Satpur- MIDC), take this turn and drive for 2 kms ..you will find this restaurant on your right. It is situated right in the middle of industrial area but surprisingly is quite a pollution free zone.

This place is famous for MISSAL PAV and being a fan of this traditional dish of Maharashtra, i was quite excited. I was accompanied with my wife four year old daughter and a relative couple.

The place was decent, neat and clean with good service.

We ordered four plates of missal pav and one plate of pav bhaji. The quality of Missal Pav was too good, i have never tasted such missal in my whole life. Bhaji of pav-bhaji was also good but was little sweeter ideal for my 4 year old daughter. Each plate contains 4 pav and a plate of missal. If required they serve extra missal at no extra cost. We had paid Rs 280 only.

I strongly recommend it for all.

- - - Updated - - -

misal4.jpg

Anup Naik

i had been there at SAMSUNDAR..(we call it as sam sundar as it make your evening pleasant) many times and had those ever tasty MISAL PAV..it is consistent since years..bit spicy though for me..but at last this are kolhapuri spices..awesome taste, surprised you found this such a remote place situated in MIDC area..!!

Pankaj Zarekar

There are few very famous misal joints across Maharashtra. Here is one more.

Tandel Misal. Chawadi Naka, Pen (Dist. Raigad). Pen is decent sized town on NH17.

And this is how we usually take parcel from him.

306780_391630237564353_383421583_n.jpg