Ford Ecosport : A new urban beast

anupkrverma

I was at the expo 2012 where I saw the ecosport physically. My fiesta is due for replacement and till date , I swear , no other vehicle in sub 8 lac category has managed to come close to the exceptional handling and performance of the fiesta. So I am inclined towards the Ford Ecosports as it is based on the current fiesta platform, so handling will be guaranteed.
Things I like
1. The aggressive instance of the vehicle.
2. High ground clearance.
3. The new technology of the ecosport engine.

I dislike

The interiors were not a display so will have to wait for dislikings.

I am sure gonna wait before I book a new one.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
I somehow have a feeling that they are not going to launch it cheap. Thinking of sub 8Lac on road may just remain a dream. There is a reason why fiesta classic still outnumber new fiesta in sales.

anupkrverma

It is supposed to be launched aroun 10 LAC I guess. It will be interesting to see how they pass on the excise benefit to the customers. Moreover , with such ridiculous pricing of the new fiesta and making it a super flop, they better price the ecosport aggressively.

dheeraj

Zzzzz...
don't think it is a sub 4m car..so forget the benefits. ford aims to keep the costs down by high localisation of parts.
i'm also keenly looking at this car. hope they don't make a mistake and price it stupid.a sub 10L SUV would be a good thing..even if it can't tackle the off road terrain as well as other SUV's.

anupkrverma

what about the wheel on the back. Is it a practical design for a compact SUV. ?
I thought this was done only to claim the excise benefits. further the ecoboost engine is sub 1.2 l, again attracting excise benefits I guess.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
don't think it is a sub 4m car..so forget the benefits. ford aims to keep the costs down by high localisation of parts.
i'm also keenly looking at this car. hope they don't make a mistake and price it stupid.a sub 10L SUV would be a good thing..even if it can't tackle the off road terrain as well as other SUV's.
It is sub 4m. It is confirmed. And the tyre at back does not count as per government regulation. So the benefit will be there.Not sure if ford will passon to us.

iamsamar

Gaadi bula rahi hai....
Ford India has got an ace up its sleeve with the upcoming Eco Sport. Codenamed B515, this sub-four-metre-long mini-SUV will qualify as a small car to avail of a substantial 12 percent saving in excise duty.

The SUV will be based on Ford’s global B platform that also underpins the latest Fiesta, so ride and handling will be nothing short of special. Styling will be pure SUV. Also, as the spare wheel is not considered in the‘small car’ regulations when measuring body length, it will be mounted on the tailgate rather than under the body. This allows luggage space to be used more effectively.

The Eco Sport is likely to come with an upgraded version of the Figo’s 1.2-litre petrol engine and the 90bhp 1.5 diesel from the new Fiesta. Pricing will be the key to the Eco Sport’s success and Ford is working towards an aggressive price of Rs 6 lakh for the base model.

Factfile:

Engines: 1.2-litre petrol, 1.5-litre diesel
Power/Torque: NA, 88.7bhp/20.8kgm
Kerb weight: NA
L/W/H: NA
Expected: Early 2012
Price: Rs 6-7.5 lakh

50 New cars for 2012 - News - Autocar India

Attachments

Last edited:

anupkrverma

If it is being launched in 1.2 petrol, then why the company is promoting its 1.0 litre ecoboost engine.:confused: I think its an entirely different engine.

And the quality, looks and fit and finish were decidedly way above than a 6 L car. And, I wish its true, even if it is around 8 lac its sure gonna a be massive hit. But anything above it will leave a lot to be desired.