Ford Ecosport : A new urban beast

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
5.59 :eek:

:eek: :eek:

Ford is working hard to give the upcoming EcoSport a very aggressive starting price by heavily localising the car to lower costs.
The expected price for the base petrol variant will be in the Rs 5 lakh bracket.
The carmaker will start bookings for the EcoSport by the end of March, with deliveries starting in May or June.

Ford targets aggressive pricing for EcoSport | News | Autocar India
5L??? Keep on dreaming.
^
Akshay,
You too?
It's a 5-Lakh "bracket".... and not 5-lakh! :eek:
Autocar India predicted it accurately for a launch in June at a very attractive 5lakh "bracket"!

Must say, we are soon going to see convoys of ESs going on trips together! 8)

Last edited:
Re: ~ EcoSport launched at Rs 5.59 lakh ~

Its a great price for the kind/type of product Ford Ecosport is. Its a decently powerful hatchback with good ground clearance offering benefits of a compact SUV while comes without intimidating size. Probably the perfect car for a small/nuclear urban family that loves to head out every other weekend.

anupkrverma

Now after doing a short TD myself, I'd say that I'm half impressed.
TD a diesel top end model yesterday evening for 8-10 minutes.

The first and the most irritating thing I noticed in TDCi Titanium+ (the diesel top model) while driving that the deadpedal/footrest is of no use!
The clutch pedal is hanging so awkwardly that I was not able to put my normal leather shoe (quite narrow shaped) on the deadpedal. Clutch pedal was interfering with a smooth movement of my feet in that narrow space.

+ve points IMO:
  • High seating position
  • Sound Deadening/Low NVH @ normal speeds
  • Dashboard
  • Thud from doors; Solid Built
  • Initial Pickup; gathered momentum decently in second gear with slightly higher revs
  • Torque is pretty good; managed to pull it from 20ish onwards in third with AC
  • Braking is very effective for speeds in range of 50kmph or so (ABS is there, I guess, in top model)

-ve points IMO:
  • Noisy engine during high revs in second gear
  • Lack of space for third passenger in rear seat
  • Less legspace in rear
  • Gap between back of rear seats and parcel tray
  • Engine almost stalled twice while trying a start in second gear, but it revived on its own with a jerk!
  • Rear seats doesnot fold 100% in base Ambiente model. A double/complete folding seat (with 60:40 split) is available only in Trend & Titanium trims.
  • Tyres' tread pattern is not upto my liking
  • Overall fit & finish of interiors is not equivalent to a car of this stature!
  • Steering is thin and filmsy! IIRC, it was not even leather wrapped! :eek:

Prices will be announced today at the official launch at 12:30PM.
PLEASE GIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING
1. DRIVING EXPERIENCE- HANDLING, RIDE, and dynamics
2. overall presence as per your experience
3. how effective was the AC

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
PLEASE GIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING
1. DRIVING EXPERIENCE- HANDLING, RIDE, and dynamics
2. overall presence as per your experience
3. how effective was the AC
Anup,
Mine was a miniscule TD at a dealership close to my office. It didn't lasted even for 10 minutes! It was just a 2KM straight stretch covered to & fro in evening office rush.
Therefore, I can't comment anything over handling & ride.
If you can consider 2 swift left U-turns, "dynamics" are pretty good. There was very less body roll in comparison to my WagonR! :grin:

Since tyre size of ES is phenomenally bigger than both of my cars, they took the rough patch of roads and potholes with aplomb. Nothing more on these aspects.

WRT overall (road?) presence; IMO, it looks better than other hatchbacks. But while rubbing shoulders with any true SUV on a congested road, it looks puny!
Well, the usual novelty factor will keep you smiling & heads turning for couple of months. :)

AC was okay. Since there are no dedicated vents for rear seats, I feel that it might take some time to cool the entire cabin. The blower of Auto-AC in top diesel model was very noisy at higher speeds. It was almost at par with the one in my WagonR! :eek:

RIDEON

Finally, the day of reckoning for Duster has arrived. Renault guys must be in their war-room now. Ditto for some other manufacturers.

SHEKHAR 257

Be a Good person but Don't try to Prove.
Reading reviews of various experts on different forums.
The main drawback I felt is that rear seats can accomodate two persons only & boot space is less.
Ford is providing much anticipated 1 L engine option in Titanium variant only costing nearly 8 Lacs.
Otherwise featurewise Ecosport is winner.