Forts/Palaces/Heritage/Historical/Religious Monuments

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Bihar side is also historically rich, but is not given importance on the map.
Actually, it is mostly the Buddhist sites in Bihar, which are given prominence and they receive more tourists than the entire J&K (including Vaishno Devi.) Bihar last year had 3.35 crore tourists, including 10.82 lakh foreigners.
cant agree with you more.. in fact north Bihar baiscally the Mithila region is so full of relics from Ramayana period has been mostly ignored by the administration. There are hardly any tourist facilities anywhere with no hotels, restaurants, public conveniences etc. Roads have improved but thats just it. Further, palaces and temples built under Darbhanga estate lies in ruins which could have been built into major tourist destination. There are wild life sanctuaries which is not promoted at all. Other prehistoric sites as Mandar Parbat near Munger which is believed to have been part of mandarachal parbat which was used during Amrit Manthan as depicted in Puranas. Plenty of holy sites along Ganga river like Sultanpur and Simariya. Bihar has lots of greenery, orchards, river resources which can also be tapped. I think the way Madhya Pradesh has created infrastructure and promoted tourism in their State should be followed by Bihar Administration to promote other areas of Bihar. I see a lot of potential.

nadz11.ns

Super User
Actually, it is mostly the Buddhist sites in Bihar, which are given prominence and they receive more tourists than the entire J&K (including Vaishno Devi.) Bihar last year had 3.35 crore tourists, including 10.82 lakh foreigners.
Oh.. This is news to me..
Even without much promotion, people are visiting the state even if its for religious purpose.

nadz11.ns

Super User
cant agree with you more.. in fact north Bihar baiscally the Mithila region is so full of relics from Ramayana period has been mostly ignored by the administration. There are hardly any tourist facilities anywhere with no hotels, restaurants, public conveniences etc. Roads have improved but thats just it. Further, palaces and temples built under Darbhanga estate lies in ruins which could have been built into major tourist destination. There are wild life sanctuaries which is not promoted at all. Other prehistoric sites as Mandar Parbat near Munger which is believed to have been part of mandarachal parbat which was used during Amrit Manthan as depicted in Puranas. Plenty of holy sites along Ganga river like Sultanpur and Simariya. Bihar has lots of greenery, orchards, river resources which can also be tapped. I think the way Madhya Pradesh has created infrastructure and promoted tourism in their State should be followed by Bihar Administration to promote other areas of Bihar. I see a lot of potential.
All this potential wasted and the places let to rot witg neglet.

Hope the future governments take better care of these historic monuments.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Exactly. Sadly, governments are extremely biased in promoting tourism in particular regions and don’t care about others. Like J&K promotes and develops Kashmir, while Ladakh promotion and development is mostly left to the locals, travelers and LAHDC, similar case can be observed in Garhwal vs. Kumaon.