Forts/Palaces/Heritage/Historical/Religious Monuments

nekhrun

Red Wall that doesn't look red :)

The Red Fort

Mind you that the above picture is composed of two pics: sky as the background and the fort as the foreground. As the sun was behind (right side) the fort, the sky became overexposed in pic. In Photoshop, I've replaced the sky from another pic. This was my first experiment with changing the background, so any feedback is appreciated.

harjeev

The Red Fort

Mind you that the above picture is composed of two pics: sky as the background and the fort as the foreground. As the sun was behind (right side) the fort, the sky became overexposed in pic. In Photoshop, I've replaced the sky from another pic. This was my first experiment with changing the background, so any feedback is appreciated.
The blending of the images is very nicely done, especially considering it's your first time.
What I was wondering is that you could have also tried to capture a HDR for this shot and doing that you could have retained the correct Exposure in the image. Did you consider trying that, if yes can you share your results for that as well.

nekhrun

Thanks, Harjeev. I was not carrying a tripod, so couldn't try HDR. Merging all pics if clicked handheld is a very difficult job.