Frauds - Call or SMS or Online via Olx FB Whtsapp Twitter Social Media etc

adsatinder

explorer
Noida Woman Loses Wallet on Metro, Hackers Steal Over Rs 1.5 Lakh Without OTP or PIN
Neha, who works with a PR firm, immediately informed the HDFC customer care, got both the cards blocked.

IANS
Updated:January 20, 2020, 3:36 PM IST
facebookTwitter Pocket

Image for representation.

Noida-based Neha Chandra had a shock of her life when, on a New Year vacation to Paris, got her wallet stolen in the Metro and within 15-20 minutes, hackers stole over Rs 1.5 lakh from her debit and credit cards without any OTP or PIN. The three fraudulent transactions -- two on her HDFC debit card worth Rs 52,499.99 and Rs 44,544.24 and one on HDFC credit card worth Rs 52,499.99 were done at the same merchant called ASHANTI, PARIS 10/FR, on New Year's Eve.
Neha, who works with a PR firm, immediately informed the HDFC customer care, got both the cards blocked, transferred the rest of the amount from the affected savings account to another joint HDFC account, and lodged an FIR in Paris. "All the necessary information and paperwork required was done well within time as per the RBI guidelines (within one hour of the transaction happening, I blocked my card and within 12 hours, I sent all the paperwork to HDFC Bank)," Neha told IANS.

As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, there is a three-day window for the affected customers to do the necessary formalities in case of a fraudulent online transaction and once done, the bank will reverse the amount stolen on credit card within 10 working days. "I am yet to receive any amount from the bank despite following the RBI guidelines. I was even asked by the bank to get the FIR translated into English that will cost me Rs 8,000. Instead of reversing my stolen money, they are asking me to spend more," Neha added.
HDFC Bank said they are investigating the case. "Prima facie, the customer's money is safe, We will intimate the customer upon the completion of the investigation," said an HDFC Bank spokesperson. Neha's plight, however, is far from over after 20 days of the incident first reported to the bank.
She is not alone as such cases have grown in the past and since the money is lost in foreign countries where hackers have devised novel way, it is at times difficult to explain the case to the authorities back home. According to Rahul Tyagi, co-founder of the cybersecurity firm Lucideus, when using debit cards issued in India abroad, one does not receive an OTP while making an online transaction up to a certain amount. "All a hacker needs is the card number and CVV. For ATM transactions, there are multiple ways a hacker can get access to the user's PIN, depending on the scenario. For example, a hacker can reset the PIN, use compromised ATMs to track data or can perform a skimming attack," Tyagi told IANS.
Manan Shah, Founder and CEO of Mumbai-based Avalance Global Solutions, agreed: "Hackers have devised unique ways to bypass PIN and OTPs on both debit and credit cards. There are point of sale (PoS) machines in use that do not need OTP for a transaction for a certain amount and I have seen such cases growing in the near past". From a user's perspective, when travelling abroad, users should request the bank to decrease the minimum transaction amount, continuously monitor the usage of their card and immediately report any anomalies to the bank. "In the past, we have seen similar incidents happen and as technology continues to develop, people will have to be more aware and be trained when it comes to cybersecurity to tackle such situations better," Tyagi added. However, despite alerting the bank well within time, Neha is still unable to recover her hard-earned money.

adsatinder

explorer
A message is viral for give away of data by telecom companies due to Lockdown can takeaway your 8nfo with wrong website.
Beware of such messages :

*Covid-19: सभी मोबाइल कंपनियो का एलान*

कोरोना महामारी के कारण 03 मई 2020 तक लाॅकडाउन के वजह से मोबाइल कंपनियों नें सभी मोबाइल यूजर को फ्री इन्टरनेट देने का ऐलान किया है ताकि आप घर बैठे अपना काम कर सके।
*कृपया घर में रहकर कोरोना वायरस (Covid-19) को फैलने से रोकें।*

*नोट:-* नीचे दी गई लिंक पर क्लिक करके अपना फ़्री रीचार्ज प्राप्त करें

Free Covid-19 Recharge offer

*कृपया ध्यान दे:* यह ऑफर केवल *03 मई 2020* तक ही सिमित है!

Avoid such offers.

adsatinder

explorer
Fraudesters are on social media now.

A friend who put complaint on twitter got a call from unkown number and was asked to install quick support app which is anydesk or team viewer type app in which your mobile can be controlled by remotely sitting Fraudesters.
Beware about such calls.

adsatinder

explorer

Beware of fraud calls like this.
I received a call from a number +918116847285 and guy on this call said he is from Airtel. Actually I had sent a tweet on airtel's account to rectify with an issue regarding an Airtel Payment.
So this, guy called me up and asked me to install Teamviewer on my mobile. This app actually is to make others see your mobile screen remotely and later on other person can also take control if you wish to give it. So in this case, if I had installed that app and showed him my screen, he could have used sensitive bank details

As told by a BCMTian.

adsatinder

explorer
The Audio Test for Potential Coronavirus Infection Built by Voice Tech Startups Has a New Home
ERIC HAL SCHWARTZ
on April 2, 2020 at 9:30 am

The audio test for potential COVID-19 infection covered by Voicebot in an exclusive two weeks ago is now available to the public. The COVID Voice Detector test, created in a partnership between enterprise voice assistant developer Voca.ai and Carnegie Mellon University, analyzes the probability of a user’s infection by examining the sound of their voice and cough.

AUDIO HEALTH
The test starts with some basic questions about your health and any previous exposure or infection by the coronavirus before diving into the audio section. Users record the sound of their cough, count to 20, recite the alphabet, and measure how long they can make certain vowel sounds. All of that information is then measured and scored for lung health and potential COVID-19 infection. The user is encouraged to complete the test regularly, not only to see if their health has changed but because all of the information is connected to a dataset that researchers can use to create and improve tests for infection.

“In viruses like the coronavirus that harm the respiratory system, there’s a high probability we might find a pattern in the way a person speaks using voice biomarkers research,” Voca.ai co-founder Alan Bekker previously told Voicebot.

Between 20,000 and 30,000 people had already taken the test on Voca.ai’s website two weeks ago. With the official COVID Voice Detector website up and connected to Carnegie Mellon University’s website, that number is likely to grow dramatically. Voca.ai and CMU are also working with data analysis and healthcare firms telling.ai, hat-ai.com, and respiredx.com, as well as Amazon Web Services, to collate and understand the data collected. Bekker said the plan is to offer the dataset openly for other researchers to use and improve upon once there’s enough to share.

MORE VOCAL TESTS
This isn’t the only venture in measuring coughing sounds to predict coronavirus infection. Indian startup Salcit Technologies debuted an app just this week to do so named kAs, the Sanskrit word for cough. kAs uses the questionnaire created by the World Health Organization for checking the probability of infection before asking users to cough into their smartphone microphone. The cough is analyzed by artificial intelligence platform Swaasa, rendering a risk score out of 10. Salcit has a patent for analyzing risk based on cough sounds and is in discussion with the Indian health department, possibly augmenting India’s coronavirus WhatsApp chatbot with the test.

Determining the probability of infection before getting tested is vital as healthcare systems strain to handle the load of the ongoing pandemic. It’s why governments and healthcare organizations are leaning on AI developed by companies like Orbita and Hyro. Triage tests that can stop those who don’t need to go to the hospital from doing so could save a lot of lives and keep those who are unlikely to be infected from getting exposed.

The Audio Test for Potential Coronavirus Infection Built by Voice Tech Startups Has a New Home - Voicebot.ai

adsatinder

explorer
Explained | Covid voice test, radio detection: India-Israel's big tech push
•Jul 24, 2020

Hindustan Times

2.46M subscribers

As the world is racing to create a Covid vaccine, India plans to add more weapons to its Covid arsenal. Four breakthrough technologies are being developed by India and Israel together. The aim is to make testing quicker and easier so that public places can open up fully. Watch the full video to find out what are these new tests under development?

adsatinder

explorer
Israel team arrives in India to develop rapid COVID-19 testing
•Jul 27, 2020

WION

1.59M subscribers

Israel team arrives in India to develop rapid COVID-19 testing On July 24, the Israeli embassy in India said that Tel Aviv has decided to send India this week a team of scientists working to develop a rapid testing kit for coronavirus.

adsatinder

explorer
OLX SCAM Alert - Second Hand Mobile SCAM - Indian Army OLX Scam
•Mar 15, 2019

Technical Guruji

18.6M subscribers

Namaskaar Dosto, is video mein maine aapse baat ki hai India mein hone waale frauds ke baare mein jo hote hai Olx wagereh pe, yaha pe aapko cheap price mein products offer kiye jaate hai aur paise leke seller gayab. Yeh ek important video hai aur aise mein bahut baar Indian Army ke naam se aise bahut se scam hote hai, main recommend karta hu ki aap in sabhi frauds aur scams se bache rahe, fir chahe koi aapko iPhone ya fir MacBook ya fir kuch aur item jaise ki DSLR wagereh cheap price pe offer kar raha ho. Mujhe umeed hai ki aapko OLX pe hone waale scams yeh video pasand aayegi.