From the Land of Corbett

Shantanu Roy

Its been almost a year now that I have been away from this thread for various reasons. I was really feeling unfortunate for not being able to complete this log.

Over the last few days, specially on 25th of July (Jim Corbett's Birthday)I decided that I will restart it.

Hope the readers pardon me for the un intentional absence period.

Shantanu Roy

Now let me start from where I left you last time..

As we enter the forest we saw most cars are coming out and complaining (kuch nahi dikha) of a dry safari. They pass by us and our hope for a sighting really defuses.
We knew we have just about an hour left with us for the morning session. Being this our first safari, we just wanted to give it a try. We took the Jharpahar Road and on the way we came across few Herbivores.
IMG_9040aa.jpg

IMG_9043aa.jpg

Then we entered a point where it was crowded with cars 10 minutes back and nobody saw anything.
We drove for 5 more minutes inside along the Chital Road.
And there she is ....eagerly waiting for us ...to give an exotic single car ½ an hour sighting.
For me...this is the true meaning of Happiness

IMG_9046aa.jpg

There were absolutely no alarm calls around. As we see her on the road about 10 meters from us our driver stopped the car. By then I already started shooting. He requested me to check through my lens whether she has got any injury. Actually I did not need the lens. To our naked eye only, it was visible that the tigress has two Porcupine quills piercing her throat. The quills had visibly 6 to 8 inches part hanging out of her body.
IMG_9051aa.jpg

IMG_9056aa.jpg

IMG_9058aa.jpg

We all know that Porcupine quills are generally 12 to 30 inches in length. So we can understand the pain she is suffering from. But she was very generous to sit calmly before us for a while before she stood up.Our driver told us that FD is looking for her for last 4 days for treatment and could not locate her. We need to inform FD about this sighting immediately.

IMG_9070aa.jpg

IMG_9103aa.jpg

To be continued....

Shantanu Roy

She slowly stood up. Stared at us for a while. It was evident from her movements that she is in pain. I asked our driver about the identity of this gorgeous lady in distress. He said-“She is called Ringorawali”.
I kept on clicking. Slowly she turned to her right towards a bush. This time I realized I should been having two brains and four eyes, to see her, feel her presence and shoot her at the same time. Anything less than that is an injustice to this sheer grace.

19030711_10155328639338267_5134310578162590829_n.jpg

22555130_10155698458183267_8105297846020820154_n.jpg

19059410_10155335410548267_1693289461354447181_n.jpg

22489804_10155686579323267_4624249824822938081_n.jpg

33672633_10156246016223267_3228981671835467776_n.jpg

To be continued...

Shantanu Roy

She walked for about 20 feet on the other side of the road. Sat down on the ground. We could feel that she is trying hard to give some relief to the sore throat. She tried different positions to get some relief and at the end just laid down calmly.

IMG_9130a.jpg

IMG_9132a.jpg

IMG_9137a.jpg

IMG_9139a.jpg

IMG_9150a.jpg

IMG_9155a.jpg

IMG_9174a.jpg

We still had some time left for our safari but we could not bare the pain she was in. We decided to leave the spot at the earliest and rush to the Forest Ranger to notify about the Lady in distress.

To be continued...

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Damsel in distress..felt bad for the creature..hope the forest rangers would have tended to her.. great sighting anyways

Shantanu Roy

Damsel in distress..felt bad for the creature..hope the forest rangers would have tended to her.. great sighting anyways
Thanks @Alpha.
We came back to the FRH by 10:30 and immediately showed the photographs to the ranger.
He did all the needful regarding the permission for the tranquilisation . By 12 noon the FD vet arrived. He saw the photos as well. Both the ranger and the vet expressed their gratitude for the information. Around 1 pm they took a safari car and left for the spot. Followed by a cage on wheels in another vehicle.

20170527_135143.jpg

By 2:30 pm while starting for our afternoon ride we got the news that the Tigress has been successfully treated and out of danger now. On entering the forest we found out that the road towards Chital road has been blocked by FD to protect the recovering tigress from the disturbance of the tourist vehicles.

To be continued...

subhankar paul

And miles to go before I sleep
Thanks @Alpha.
We came back to the FRH by 10:30 and immediately showed the photographs to the ranger.
He did all the needful regarding the permission for the tranquilisation . By 12 noon the FD vet arrived. He saw the photos as well. Both the ranger and the vet expressed their gratitude for the information. Around 1 pm they took a safari car and left for the spot. Followed by a cage on wheels in another vehicle.

View attachment 752759

By 2:30 pm while starting for our afternoon ride we got the news that the Tigress has been successfully treated and out of danger now. On entering the forest we found out that the road towards Chital road has been blocked by FD to protect the recovering tigress from the disturbance of the tourist vehicles.

To be continued...
Shantanu
I'm incapable to find the proper words to express my feelings of gratitude to you for the exemplary show of responsibility in giving the much needed relief to the ailing tigress at the cost of your own valuable safari time.
We taught us a valuable lesson which we should remember in our own jungle visits . Truly I am speechless!
God bless you.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

Shantanu Roy

Shantanu
I'm incapable to find the proper words to express my feelings of gratitude to you for the exemplary show of responsibility in giving the much needed relief to the ailing tigress at the cost of your own valuable safari time.
We taught us a valuable lesson which we should remember in our own jungle visits . Truly I am speechless!
God bless you.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk
Thank you dada. I think anybody who has respect for living beings, would do the same by reflex.