General photography questions!

nishchaya

Dreamer
zack, since you're flying in and out of Leh, why not try both sides in your forward and return journey? I did the return journey from Leh to Delhi and I was seated towards the LHS. The views were pretty magnificent. I would strongly suggest you to try the web check in to get the desired seats.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
If you are flying from Delhi to Leh, take the left hand side seats. Sun comes in hard from the right hand side.

Remove all filters while shooting through window and ensure that you are getting a decent enough shutter speed to cancel out any vibrations which may come through. Also don’t stick the lens directly on the glass, as it passes on more vibrations.

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
:grin:

Yogesh, I thought on the same lines. I can try different sides to and fro but then again, with Sun head on there will be little to click. Unless the sunrise is exactly during the flight. I'll have to check the sunrise timings and reconcile. I will do the web check-in thing.

Henry, processed image looks much better. Sort of answers my query. I've gone through the thread and some of them are very nice!

Okay one last question on this flights thing.. what seats will avoid the wings in the frame? Extreme first or last rows should be preferred, no?

hensil

Guru
:grin:

Yogesh, I thought on the same lines. I can try different sides to and fro but then again, with Sun head on there will be little to click. Unless the sunrise is exactly during the flight. I'll have to check the sunrise timings and reconcile. I will do the web check-in thing.

Henry, processed image looks much better. Sort of answers my query. I've gone through the thread and some of them are very nice!

Okay one last question on this flights thing.. what seats will avoid the wings in the frame? Extreme first or last rows should be preferred, no?
Charter a plane or go First Class.:grin::grin:
The truth is the Leh flights are very small. Where ever you sit you are bound to get the wings in your pictures. Its difficult to avoid them unless shooting in telephoto.
Have nice time.
Henry

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I took the seat right behind the first class while flying to Leh in Jetconnect. No wings came in the photo (unless I wanted them) and there was tons of leg room.

nishchaya

Dreamer
I guess most of the airlines are plying A320 in Delhi - Leh sector. Shouldn't be any issue unless you're right next to the wings. Which airline are you flying? You can alays see the seat plan. It is easily available, do some google search.

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
This is what is looks like. source

IndiGo_Airbus_A320.jpg

Rows 2-7, 20-26 look good. The wings would be diagonal towards the rear end so I think 2-7 should be good.

Nishchaya, how early can you web check-in for a flight? Is there a time limit?

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: this LINK (although from 2004) says Jet Airways is flying Boeing 737-700 and ATR 72-500 tourbo-prop on Delhi-Leh corridor. Confirmed here JET FLEET they have mostly Boeing 737 series.

The seat map in both 737-700 and ATR 72-500 seems same instead they are small than A320. About 4 rows each before and after the wings.

nishchaya

Dreamer
If it is jet konnect, then it would be probably Boeing 737. I think they have business class as well on this route, you'll have to confirm it on their website. If it is present on this sector, then the front seats would be eaten by that category and your calculation may go for a toss. Best bet is to see the exact seat plan and select the seats during web check in. You can do that from 48 hours to 2 hours before departure.

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
If it is jet konnect, then it would be probably Boeing 737. I think they have business class as well on this route, you'll have to confirm it on their website. If it is present on this sector, then the front seats would be eaten by that category and your calculation may go for a toss. Best bet is to see the exact seat plan and select the seats during web check in. You can do that from 48 hours to 2 hours before departure.
Perfect. Will do that. And front seats it is, as far up ahead as I can get.