Gesmo Restaurant Fort Road, Leh

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
...The "chotu" who "didnt look like he went to school" was actually putting on a fake firangi accent while taking order:D
Yes i noticed the same as well.
That's not fake! He never went to school but he's learnt the language phonetically from the foreigners.
There are many like him in all the places where foreigners hang around or shop.
Try Delhi's Pahar Ganj and Yashwant Place etc.

That's not fake! He never went to school but he's learnt the language phonetically from the foreigners.
There are many like him in all the places where foreigners hang around or shop.
Try Delhi's Pahar Ganj and Yashwant Place etc.
+1. And not just "Chhotus" in hotels and restaurants but the autowallas in and around CP have got the same habit. Once they see a foreigner, their accent changes automatically and that is'nt any style statement but the requirement of their profession.

rohan2782

Is this restaurant still around in Leh? I have noticed one thing - Most places where you find few Indians, the service is generally slow. Do they do it deliberately i wonder?

rdigifreak

Travellongineer
It was there till last year and should be there now as well.
Yup its very right there !!!!!

It was there atleast till september last year. And Vaibhav will confirm whether its still there.:grin:
Yes Vikas its still there only !! Serving mouth watering delicacies!!! We never went to another restaurant even once while we were in Leh. We were there for almost 8 to 9 days and we always there. Hey do try Cheese Veg Momos (They only have Veg Momos and Potato Cheese momos in menu but do tell them to have cheese in Veg Momos. They will do it for extra Rs. 10). They are the best I had ever in my life. Me and my wife never failed to have that and even she got the recipe and said she will try at home!!! The Momos with the red - Chilly Garlic chutney they serve were awesome!!!

Any north indian food serving places? i cant ave tibetan for 8 days.
Buddy by the time you will try few things your 5 - 6 days will be over rest they also serve north indian food too which too is very delicious. Even north indian breakfast.

Last edited: