Getting liquor in train from NDLS to Lucknow

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Hi, one of my friends is returning from the US. I asked him to bring me some liquor. I have taken liquor from Lucknow to Allahabad in train but I have never taken liquor from Delhi to anywhere else.

Since it's like travelling from one state to another, Delhi to Lucknow, will there be a problem since the bags get scanned at the Delhi Airport.

Kindly advise if anyone has any experience regarding this.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
It's not duty free. He has brought it in the US. The main problem is getting through the luggage scanners at NDLS.

Any ideas?

cat

Senior Billi
It seems there is definite risk, but...i suppose it is not just limited to scanning for security-related things...? And I suppose bottles are something they would be interested in. :-&

NH08

It is definitely risky. As per railway rules, anything 'offensive' is not permitted to be carried. Now, there is no clear definition of 'offensive goods', hence, police at NDLS entry can refuse (90 % chance they will refuse) to let bottles through. I have experienced this at NDLS

Best option - catch a local train from nearby station (say Shivaji bridge/Tilak bridge) to reach NDLS. No scanners are there at Shivaji Bridge.

cat

Senior Billi
Thing is, it is his friend bringing it.

With that definition,...it seems quite likely that confiscating liquor is a thing with them. ...After work staff parties. :drinkers: