GMVN Tourist Village Syalsaur

It is before Ukhimath about 410 KMs from Delhi, about 11-12 Hrs drive depending upon how you get stuck around Modi Nagar before Meerut. A must stay place if you love staying by the river. Mandakini river is just aside it. Much better than Ukhimath GMVN. I went there in March last week and it was JUST pleasant at that time. But, I feel in May/June it may be hot owing to lower altitude. Not sure if riverside will make any significant difference. Syal Saur to Ukhimath is 18-20 KMs approx. Syal Saur comes first even before Kund when going towards Ukhimath from Delhi. At Kund there is bifurcation towards Guptkashi/Gaurikund/Kedarnath and staright goes to Ukhimath/Chopta/Deori Tal

citylife

It is before Ukhimath about 410 KMs from Delhi, about 11-12 Hrs drive depending upon how you get stuck around Modi Nagar before Meerut. A must stay place if you love staying by the river. Mandakini river is just aside it. Much better than Ukhimath GMVN. I went there in March last week and it was JUST pleasant at that time. But, I feel in May/June it may be hot owing to lower altitude. Not sure if riverside will make any significant difference. Syal Saur to Ukhimath is 18-20 KMs approx. Syal Saur comes first even before Kund when going towards Ukhimath from Delhi. At Kund there is bifurcation towards Guptkashi/Gaurikund/Kedarnath and staright goes to Ukhimath/Chopta/Deori Tal
Thanks for the info. Looks like its hot during May/June. GMVN pix shows pedestal fans in cottages. Its seems to be bang on Yatra route as all accommodation is already booked during many days in May/June as per GMVN site.

harneet

@ Anup sir-Dhiraj is correct. It is 400-425 KMS from Delhi. Doable without a night halt
there is an alternate route which is good in terms of roads but with sharp turns. It is via Tehri Dam. We were told to be cautious of black ice on this route but we did not encounter any
If one does not has the vomiting sensation while in hills, this route is better-but it is 50 KM longer. very scenic.

@ citylife--Thats correct, the rooms have fans and I am sure the temprature during May June will be much higher. should be 10-15 celcius.
but if you are planning to cover the below places as mentioned initialy, you should not worry about the weather as higher places will still be pleasant all time of the year.
Ukimath, Chopta, Kedarnath, Guptkashi, Deoria Tal

Last edited:

sandeep9868

Sirfira Trekker
No TV's in cottages which i feel is good but not many will agree with me.
I agree with you:), there are many don't worry :)

Thanks for sharing the knowledge Harneet & Dheeraj, its a nice place to stay:)

C

cheguevara

Nice detailing & crisp information too...

Please share more pics !!!

Cheers,
Che