Goa beaches confusing me. Pls help

Rajni B

Hi
I'm a new member. Me along with my 2 friends (all females) and 2 kids will be in goa from 5 January to 7 January i,e 3 days. We are confused because we know that we can not cover all the beaches and other famous places of goa. Moreover we want simple itinerary as we have kids with us. Also confused about North and South goa. Shall we go for rental car.
Friends please suggest.
Thanks to all.

uturn

Super User
Hi
I'm a new member. Me along with my 2 friends (all females) and 2 kids will be in goa from 5 January to 7 January i,e 3 days. We are confused because we know that we can not cover all the beaches and other famous places of goa. Moreover we want simple itinerary as we have kids with us. Also confused about North and South goa. Shall we go for rental car.
Friends please suggest.
Thanks to all.
It depends upon your choice.

If you want lonely beaches less crowded then south goa ie is madgao /vasco/ cancona (palolem /varca/colva etc)

If you want happening places then north goa baga /vagator/calangute /Arpora etc which are crowded with tourists upto late night.

Car rentals are easily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rajni B

Thanks uturn. Can we do South goa & north goa in 2 days. Please suggest a detailed itinerary.. if possible.
Thanks once again

coolaks7

North and South can be done in 2 days but there is no point if you want to relax, enjoy and soak some sunshine. Goa is for beaches and not for wandering on roads.

I would advise stick to north so that the kids can have fun too. South Goa is bit dull (though beautiful). As advised by Uturn, you can cover the beaches mentioned. On one of the days you can enjoy the evening view at Fort Agauada lighthouse and the other evening (sunset) at Chopara fort (Dil chahta hai fort). There are good places to eat and hangout near Baga/ Calangute.

A rented car will definitely help you in getting to the places quicker. Not sure about the local cabs over there. Uber/Ola don't operate in Goa.

uturn

Super User
Thanks uturn. Can we do South goa & north goa in 2 days. Please suggest a detailed itinerary.. if possible.
Thanks once again
Ya U can one day for south goa one day for North.
cover main tourists attractions.
Just search another thread @ThePoorNomad had given details to follow.
North Goa : calangute/baga/vagator/Arpora/ candolim.
South Goa: Panjim / dona paula/Mangeshi/mardol / colva/ majorda etc to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just search another thread @ThePoorNomad had given details to follow.
This is his reply in another thread:

I would suggest you to book your stay from Airbnb. They have some amazing budgeted apartments.
However, if you want to know more about Goa... then let me tell you Goa is divided into North & South Goa. And it depends on you which place you want to visit.
South Goa is meant for party and shopping where as North Goa is to relax and unwind.
For a more detailed guide on this, you may check out these two articles:

Where Should You Go First: North Goa Or South Goa
North Goa Or South Goa? Five Reasons That'll Help You Choose Your Next Escape

https://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/threads/help-needed-for-a-family-vacation-in-goa.46639/#post-1305007

Sachin Jatkar

Where are you staying? If in North Goa then stick to North Goa beaches if you only have 2 full days. North Goa beaches are full of shacks and water sports activities. South Goa beaches are more deserted but if that's what you want then the beaches in konkan are a better bet.

One day is enough for hiring a car with driver and covering some of the tourist spots in North and South Goa although you have to take a pick between beaches and churches//temples. The churches are in old Goa closer to North while the temples are in the south. Full day car rental will cost around 2500-3000.

Hire sunbeds and enjoy nice food and drinks on the beaches while getting a foot massage done. Kids will enjoy North Goa beaches more as there are lots of activities.

Rajni B

Actually we have 3 and a half days for goa. Will stay in ibis calanguate. We have decided that we will keep 2.5 days for north goa and 1 day for south goa.
Thanks sachin.

amitjatt

Sachin jatkar has put it very well.
1.take a hotel between calangute and bagha or at either places.
2.the fort aguada,lighthouse,chapora fort (definitely at vagator dil chahta fame, watch sunset there only)
3.water sports activities at either calangute,bagha.
4.The evenings shacks at bagha and the lane from tito's till the main road is alive whole night with excellent food.
5.Anjuna can be tried too curlies.
6.ruins of st basilica,bom jesus and church in main goa (sry forgot name) are my favourite.
Enjoy goa and dont drink and drive.
9765876416 so can call for self driven taxi.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk