God's allow Blor Betty passage to Zanskar-Solo

singhgp62

Hi Gaurav,
Great photolog. Nice clicks.
I was there in July '18. The scenery has entirely changed in just three months.
Will try to pen this log.
Waiting for the Zangla fort pics.
Great going

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Hi Gaurav,
Great photolog. Nice clicks.
I was there in July '18. The scenery has entirely changed in just three months.
Will try to pen this log.
Waiting for the Zangla fort pics.
Great going
Thank you @singhgp62 .
The changing scenery of the the mountainside is the reason we all pay our repeated homage and visits to the mountains,isn't it:)

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
THE RUNWAY OF A Road to Zangla after crossing the Tsurp Chu bridge

The last cell phone tower at Stongde village on the way

After about 10kms of pristine road this is what the current road is-this will shortly be paved and be the highway to Leh

The enchanting wind fairies

Could not capture the exact u- bend of the Zanskar river better from the road-see the trailing part of the river in the background before the mountains.

From here the Zanskar river is right by the road to Zangla

Look at the volume of water it carries-and the gurgling noise it was making here is music to the soul

This small stone structure by the standing man turned out to be a flour mill- ATTA-KI- CHAKI-powered by a water stream.

The grinding wheel in the flour mill

The paddle wheel turning the grinding mill powered by water

Entering the Zangla village

I crossed the village and ran into this lady by a stream on the road-when i inquired about meeting the king of Zangla-she said i am the king's daughter-so say hello to the princess-she guided me back to her house-i said i will take you back with me-she said she still has to wash a lot of clothes by the stream water and went to join other people washing utensils and clothes by the stream.

The Zangla land bowl

The king's house-the biggest single noncommercial structure i saw in the entire Padum/Zangla

The humble king-he did'nt know proper hindi and his english i could'nt understand -so our time together was kind of short.Another man who was baking cowdung pancakes supervised by the king was more talkative and i enquired about visiting the Zangla fort-he said the way to the fort was blocked by a landslide and i could'nt possible cross over on the motorbike and there was not enough sunlight time left for a hike to the fort and return to Padum-so the visit to the fort is till next visit.

The radio station at Zangla

This was the road to the fort.

Verdant wetlands i did'nt notice while riding in to Zangla

The trusty steed taking a well deserved break on the way back.

Stopped to talk to the gentlemen by the broken down truck,exchanged hello,s and asked for water- i had'nt carried any provisions or tools with me on the trip to Karsha and Zangla-which struck me when i saw this breakdown-the trucks radiator hose had brust and a new hose was being fitted.The driver smiled at my water request and said you will not like our water-but thirsty me insisted and they smilingly gave me their bottle and when i opened the cap-i and all the rest burst out laughing-it was vodka/gin mixed with water and i politely gave them back-just then the excavator driver brought me pure water to drink.Thrist quenched,thanked them and moved on back.

The paths walked by Shepards clearly visible outlined by the snow.

The Stongde monastery perched atop the hill overlooking the Stongde village-viewed from the road below

Another view from the road looking back at the sides of the Stongde monastery

Framed against the snow

The sangam of the Stod and the Tsurp Chu forming the mighty Zanskar flanked by the Karsha monastery in the background

Resting after coming back to the hotel