Gomukh or Gaumukh

NeerajVayu

Temperature of Gomukh a day before:

upload_2016-12-20_19-25-2.jpeg

Mistake -1:
upload_2016-12-20_19-5-45.jpeg

After 2 hours my wait was over and Bus finally stopped for 30 minute halt at Hotel Alaknanda Resort(Pic att Above), it was road side Dhaba type, here i found a Tap so washed my cloth and dried with the help of tissue paper

“Rest drying will happen by default by nature”

But at least it’s not dirty now, cleaned bag also.
Rawat bhai told he is prone to Bus sickness as he was feeling vomit:vom:, headache in the bus:-#:-&:-k - a big big issue so he bought a bottle of Anardana (Smelli Anardana)which he used to have throughout the trip.
While doing it almost 15 minute passed so now obviously time to have some Garma-Garam tea=P~
Tea was unluckily not good, after sometime we got moving signal from Bus driver, I told Rawat to get into the bus while i will buy two "mountain due" cane.
My habit killed me this time, Rawat did not get into the bus and he started smoking while i was washing the cane, bus started behind Rawat and God knows what he was thinking that time, within a minute Bus disappeared from there, when i returned I asked :

Hey where is the Bus man?:eek:
We didn't have even the bus number; only thing we remembered is “Maharaja Bus” of Orange color with Blue back.
Now what, a big blunder?:evil:

Bags were there in the bus that too with some money, 8K stuff which I bought from Decathlon and my Canon gear oh my god.
We were shocked, I soughed at :minigun:Rawat but there was no use of that, it’s not going to resolve our issue.:-k:-k:-k
Suddenly we thought bus number would be in the receipt, there was another Maharaja bus was there for air filling, we talked with the Guy (Driver) and told the same and shared Bus number.
He was so helpful, he called the bus driver and asked to keep the luggage safe, we are 50% relaxed now but still too much worried about our luggage.
Now the problem - Bus was completely packed so we had to manage sitting on co-driver seat.

Rawat to bus driver: Bhaiya thoda Tezz chalalo
Driver: Sir hamara roz ka kam hai, aap tension na lo, you will get your luggage at Haridwar.
My mouth was completely shut:-#, trip excitements were all gone.
Why i made this trip and that too in unplanned way, no planning for Bus and all.
Whole route whenever we saw any bus with Blue back we used to ask driver - bhaiya yehi hai kya[-o<?
In the driver chamber we did not felt any smell of Fuel because it was full of non-stop BIDI.
We reached Haridwar at 6:30AM, our old bus was standing there, finally we got our luggage=D> thanked the Driver:goodman: and given him some money, initially he refused to take it twice but after some request he accepted it , Seriously still that kind of honest people exist.
Sorry forget to click any pics of that time; you can understand my situation there.
We walked for a kilometer there to find tea stall - a cup of tea was not bad here, Rawat bhai had some Parathas which he packed last night from a local dhaba at Dwarka.
I refused to eat but he finished it and after some time it resulted in Acidity.
We took tempo who charged 30 INR each and reached Rishikesh, walked for almost one Kilometer to reach Bus stand.

En-route while walking towards bus-stop you can see what people did to Rishikesh - True example of clean India mission LOL
upload_2016-12-20_19-12-35.jpeg

Initially we searched for Taxi or Bolero in sharing basis just because of Rawat bhai issue but after spending some time we decided to take bus.
Morning ablution done at Bus stand itself and then we paid around 300 each for Uttarkashi Bus.
upload_2016-12-20_19-15-54.jpeg

Inside the Bus we meet a person not remembers his name I think he was Vishal from Pune-Pug marks, he was going there for Gomukh trek, so we started chit-chat.
Bus started :supz:at sharp 8:00AM, no delay WOW =D>=D>
After some time Vishal told that he had forgotten his ID proofs in the hotel where he was staying last night, so he decided to go back and take it.
I shared my number and asked to call whenever he reaches Uttarkashi or send me ID copy in whatsup so that I could arrange permit of him as well.
See you there Vishal !!

Weather was good but bus was not at all comfortable for long hour journey, Bus took some stoppage en-route:
First Stop was Chamba market where we stopped for around 30 minutes, There was a local person named "Munnu Singh Rana”, he presented himself as a Hakim kind of person and started promoting his own made health products - one Bottle/ Box solution to cure all the disease Blah Blah Blah, but no doubt his presentation skill was awesome and he earned almost 2500INR from the bus passengers.:supz:
Rawat bhai was facing acidity so was keen to buy his product but i suggested not taking anything from unknown Hakim rather buy some medicine like Aciloc or Eno.
After Dharasu band fresh sir filled excitement in us and Rawat bhai again opened his ANARDANA as he started feeling sick.
Smell of Anardana was so strong it got attention of everybody for some time; unfortunately i had to bear it more because i was sitting beside him.
I had already given him window seat so no chance of photography.
All the way I felt the super refined combination of (Garam hawaye with Sard hawaye) lol

At 4PM finally we reached Uttarkashi

upload_2016-12-20_19-20-16.jpeg

I was hungry had not taken anything till now except some snaks and 1L milk.
Now a local person told us that DFO office would be closed tomorrow due to Dusseha holiday so you won't get permit - Another big issue.
I was trying to call Upendra who is uttarkashi local so that he could arrange permit but he seemed out of station, his phone was not reachable.
We didn't get single auto or rickshaw to DFO office.
When asked people everyone told us it’s just 1KM away and we kept on walking, from bus stand it was more than a KM.
But we were super excited and reached there, officer was not in the good mood and he was trying to convince us to take permit in Gangotri itself.
But after some request he agreed with one condition that we must take a guide and we agreed.\\:D/

“What can’t a dying man do?”:tonqe:

While doing permit paper work I met Dinesh Bhatt who runs adventurous trips in Uttrakhand/J&K, we had very good conversation and he was nice enough to offer me almost half kg of walnut, i would say some awesome walnut, it was so easy to break by hands itself, don't be surprised he only taught me how to break it like a pro :)
While returning from DFO office we faced little rain but we kept on walking, who care when you got the permit \\:D/
A sudden call from Upendra and he was just 50 meter behind, oh man can't explain the feeling when you find someone known at unknown place.:-D
We talked for couple of minutes and then he dropped us to a hotel Bhagirathi, he convinced hotel manager to reduce accommodation cost to 300 per night.
We wandered there for some time on his Bullet and then called it a day.

Back in Red t-shirt thats Rawat bhai, front is mine and right side Upender bhai
upload_2016-12-20_19-22-50.jpeg

upload_2016-12-20_19-23-9.jpeg

So all set now - We have the permit, we have our luggage, we are tired enough to get good sleep for sure.
Two things we will have to do tomorrow, first to take early morning taxi till Gangotri, second hire a guide there.

"Good Night stay tuned, more thrilling update yet to come"

Dry Ice

After raining season end in September i started thinking about it again and again, talked with @Dry Ice too, he encouraged me to go for this but he was not at all
interested in Trek after last time Sapt tal trek :) (Es bari tum jao ham baad me chalenge)
haha! Seriously, treks are a different ball game altogether! :D

Good going, waiting for the real adventure to begin..

PS: Finish your pending Nelong log too

Edit:
View attachment 701300

After 2 hours my wait was over and Bus finally stopped for 30 minute halt at Hotel Alaknanda Resort(Pic att Above), it was road side Dhaba type, here i found a Tap so washed my cloth and dried with the help of tissue paper
That looks like the same place we stopped at while going to Uttarkashi.

Last edited:

NeerajVayu

It looks like same Dhaba but i doubt, the one where we stopped was decorated with real flowers and green chinese grasses

Arpit Jain

JainShaab!
Temperature of Gomukh a day before:

View attachment 701306

Mistake -1:
View attachment 701300

“Rest drying will happen by default by nature”

But at least it’s not dirty now, cleaned bag also.
Rawat bhai told he is prone to Bus sickness as he was feeling vomit:vom:, headache in the bus:-#:-&:-k - a big big issue so he bought a bottle of Anardana (Smelli Anardana)which he used to have throughout the trip.
While doing it almost 15 minute passed so now obviously time to have some Garma-Garam tea=P~
Tea was unluckily not good, after sometime we got moving signal from Bus driver, I told Rawat to get into the bus while i will buy two "mountain due" cane.
My habit killed me this time, Rawat did not get into the bus and he started smoking while i was washing the cane, bus started behind Rawat and God knows what he was thinking that time, within a minute Bus disappeared from there, when i returned I asked :

Hey where is the Bus man?:eek:
We didn't have even the bus number; only thing we remembered is “Maharaja Bus” of Orange color with Blue back.
Now what, a big blunder?:evil:

Bags were there in the bus that too with some money, 8K stuff which I bought from Decathlon and my Canon gear oh my god.
We were shocked, I soughed at :minigun:Rawat but there was no use of that, it’s not going to resolve our issue.:-k:-k:-k
Suddenly we thought bus number would be in the receipt, there was another Maharaja bus was there for air filling, we talked with the Guy (Driver) and told the same and shared Bus number.
He was so helpful, he called the bus driver and asked to keep the luggage safe, we are 50% relaxed now but still too much worried about our luggage.
Now the problem - Bus was completely packed so we had to manage sitting on co-driver seat.

Rawat to bus driver: Bhaiya thoda Tezz chalalo
Driver: Sir hamara roz ka kam hai, aap tension na lo, you will get your luggage at Haridwar.
My mouth was completely shut:-#, trip excitements were all gone.
Why i made this trip and that too in unplanned way, no planning for Bus and all.
Whole route whenever we saw any bus with Blue back we used to ask driver - bhaiya yehi hai kya[-o<?
In the driver chamber we did not felt any smell of Fuel because it was full of non-stop BIDI.
We reached Haridwar at 6:30AM, our old bus was standing there, finally we got our luggage=D> thanked the Driver:goodman: and given him some money, initially he refused to take it twice but after some request he accepted it , Seriously still that kind of honest people exist.
Sorry forget to click any pics of that time; you can understand my situation there.
We walked for a kilometer there to find tea stall - a cup of tea was not bad here, Rawat bhai had some Parathas which he packed last night from a local dhaba at Dwarka.
I refused to eat but he finished it and after some time it resulted in Acidity.
We took tempo who charged 30 INR each and reached Rishikesh, walked for almost one Kilometer to reach Bus stand.

En-route while walking towards bus-stop you can see what people did to Rishikesh - True example of clean India mission LOL
View attachment 701301

Initially we searched for Taxi or Bolero in sharing basis just because of Rawat bhai issue but after spending some time we decided to take bus.
Morning ablution done at Bus stand itself and then we paid around 300 each for Uttarkashi Bus.
View attachment 701302
Inside the Bus we meet a person not remembers his name I think he was Vishal from Pune-Pug marks, he was going there for Gomukh trek, so we started chit-chat.
Bus started :supz:at sharp 8:00AM, no delay WOW =D>=D>
After some time Vishal told that he had forgotten his ID proofs in the hotel where he was staying last night, so he decided to go back and take it.
I shared my number and asked to call whenever he reaches Uttarkashi or send me ID copy in whatsup so that I could arrange permit of him as well.
See you there Vishal !!

Weather was good but bus was not at all comfortable for long hour journey, Bus took some stoppage en-route:
First Stop was Chamba market where we stopped for around 30 minutes, There was a local person named "Munnu Singh Rana”, he presented himself as a Hakim kind of person and started promoting his own made health products - one Bottle/ Box solution to cure all the disease Blah Blah Blah, but no doubt his presentation skill was awesome and he earned almost 2500INR from the bus passengers.:supz:
Rawat bhai was facing acidity so was keen to buy his product but i suggested not taking anything from unknown Hakim rather buy some medicine like Aciloc or Eno.
After Dharasu band fresh sir filled excitement in us and Rawat bhai again opened his ANARDANA as he started feeling sick.
Smell of Anardana was so strong it got attention of everybody for some time; unfortunately i had to bear it more because i was sitting beside him.
I had already given him window seat so no chance of photography.
All the way I felt the super refined combination of (Garam hawaye with Sard hawaye) lol

At 4PM finally we reached Uttarkashi

View attachment 701303
I was hungry had not taken anything till now except some snaks and 1L milk.
Now a local person told us that DFO office would be closed tomorrow due to Dusseha holiday so you won't get permit - Another big issue.
I was trying to call Upendra who is uttarkashi local so that he could arrange permit but he seemed out of station, his phone was not reachable.
We didn't get single auto or rickshaw to DFO office.
When asked people everyone told us it’s just 1KM away and we kept on walking, from bus stand it was more than a KM.
But we were super excited and reached there, officer was not in the good mood and he was trying to convince us to take permit in Gangotri itself.
But after some request he agreed with one condition that we must take a guide and we agreed.\\:D/

“What can’t a dying man do?”:tonqe:

While doing permit paper work I met Dinesh Bhatt who runs adventurous trips in Uttrakhand/J&K, we had very good conversation and he was nice enough to offer me almost half kg of walnut, i would say some awesome walnut, it was so easy to break by hands itself, don't be surprised he only taught me how to break it like a pro :)
While returning from DFO office we faced little rain but we kept on walking, who care when you got the permit \\:D/
A sudden call from Upendra and he was just 50 meter behind, oh man can't explain the feeling when you find someone known at unknown place.:-D
We talked for couple of minutes and then he dropped us to a hotel Bhagirathi, he convinced hotel manager to reduce accommodation cost to 300 per night.
We wandered there for some time on his Bullet and then called it a day.

Back in Red t-shirt thats Rawat bhai, front is mine and right side Upender bhai
View attachment 701304

View attachment 701305

So all set now - We have the permit, we have our luggage, we are tired enough to get good sleep for sure.
Two things we will have to do tomorrow, first to take early morning taxi till Gangotri, second hire a guide there.

"Good Night stay tuned, more thrilling update yet to come"
Bhai Magic Moments ka quarter pine ke baad " ab to tumhara bhai bike chalaega" !! :partyman::partyman::partyman::partyman::partyman: