Gomukh-Tapovan Advice Needed

Chinmay Dixit

Hello, seems a good plan to me, my opinion would be look into time for some rest. Since you are traveling on such tight schedule, it would be wise to take rest as and when required.

It is advisable to book online, you don’t want to spend time there running around to arrange guide and other things. As commented by someone, the mentioned site is quite authentic you can refer those for your plan.

Also you can book hotels online. Try cleartrip or any other such sites to book. Fill in the area where you want to book hotel. You can get cheap hotels too, it won’t cost much. It can go as low as Rs. 1000/-

delhitrekker

not all those who wander are lost !!
1) Yes you should book it, as its a busy season...
2) Gomukh to Tapavan is difficult, as per the blogs, so do hire a guide.
3) Obtain it online beforehand, link is : http://swsuttarkashi.com/Permission/GangotriNationalPark
5) No permit needed for Badrinath.

Also here the list of operators by govt, these are local people/guides. They would be the best and cheap, you can call them and can ask for price quotation.

If you go via fancy companies like: www.bikatadventures or Thrillophilia or indiahikes they all will give you higher prices with taxes etc, they earn a huge profit margin and give less to these local operators, they all take these local operators/people for guide and potters. My advise is to call these operators mentioned in the PDF, there are 36 operators listed, these will provide other popular treks as well like: Dodital,Har ki doon, valley of flowers, chandrashila trek etc.
All these are lil fancy and have lost the charm of Alpine style of trekking ..I have trekked with Renok I must say that because of them trekking is much more affordable

Gaurav Dutt

हर हर गंगे!
recently there was an accident at this trek ...how is the weather condition now
I went there last month with my family. It rained continuously for 2 Days, so had to cancel my Tapovan plan.
The accident occurred on Kedartaal trek, not on this trek. One of the Porter lost his life, He was from Nepal.