Good Travel headphones

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
Hi Guys

I am looking for a cost effective but good head phones for my Transcend MP3 (T850) player to be used during travels.

Ideally I am looking for good sound quality within Rs1300 at the same time the phone should be capable of rough use as is expected out of a travel headphones

I have currently short listed these - wanted your expert opinion as to which one would suit me better

Sony MDR-G45LP Headphones
Rs 938
eBay India: Sony MDR-G45LP Headphones (item 150487453425 end time 30-Sep-2010 20:19:25 IST)

Soundmagic P10 Headphones
Rs 1390
eBay India: Soundmagic P10 Headphones (item 150486446169 end time 28-Sep-2010 17:42:26 IST)

Headphone Panasonic Rp-Hs11 Water-Resistant Clip-On
Rs 829
eBay India: Headphone Panasonic Rp-Hs11 Water-Resistant Clip-On (item 310253574202 end time 26-Sep-2010 18:40:38 IST)

Philips Earclip Headphones SHS3701
Rs 599
eBay India: Philips Earclip Headphones SHS3701 with warranty (item 170543587467 end time 27-Sep-2010 10:16:09 IST)

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vinod, I'd personally go with Philips, a company that has a long and credible history with speakers and headphones.
Also these seem to have the largest diaphragms and are likely to give the best bass. Mids and highs are never a problem, it is bass that needs attention in open-air designs.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Vinod, I'd personally go with Philips, a company that has a long and credible history with speakers and headphones.
Also these seem to have the largest diaphragms and are likely to give the best bass. Mids and highs are never a problem, it is bass that needs attention in open-air designs.
Ditto!
On this Saturday, I bought a Philips Earphone+Mic set for my younger bro for using with his new lappy. It costed me Rs. 450. It is giving precise mids, and highs. For bass, one has to use the foam paddings that came with the set, so that it can stay placed, and don't jut out of ears.

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
Thanks guys after seeing the reviews my current preference is now tilted towards Philips :)

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
Thanks Yogesh out of the two you suggested which one is better - and on ebay I see some major price fluctuation on the same brand\model close to Rs 100

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Before YS can pour in with his opinion, I'm giving mine. For free. :grin:

Sennheiser is much better.
Creative might cost at par, but sound and build quality is better of Sennheiser.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
+1 to what Sachin has said, however if you were asking about Ep630 and 830, then 830 is higher end model, as far as I know.

Do take a look at PMX 60, neckband headdies. Awesome bass, is what I have experienced so far and comfortness is brilliant too.
Or
Do try soundmagic PL-11, if you're a bass maniac. My ears stop recognising different sounds after 75% of volume in a Sony w550i. Bhayankar baasssy, is what fellas call them anyway!