Halfway To Paradise..

mindless wanderer

with age, get a cage!
How tempting is it to discuss "kitne deti hai" in context of the bull?

Ankur, did they let you stomp on the grapes with your bare feet like they do in France?
Bull kitna dega...zyaada nahi de sakta :p
Yes, Deepak...at Sula, they do have that option..at least it was there in 2010..not sure about now

KnightRider

How tempting is it to discuss "kitne deti hai" in context of the bull?

Ankur, did they let you stomp on the grapes with your bare feet like they do in France?
Deepak..they allow for stomping on the grapes but not these days..
They only allow in the harvesting season or at wine festival..these festivals held in Dec end or Jan ..

DKay

Super User
Excellent coverage of your trip Ankur and lovely pics!!

Did you have to pay something for the visit to Sula Vineyards and for the wine tasting session? Can you kindly share more about the vineyard experience and also, if you remember, what were the different wines they made you taste

And giving cheese puffs and masala chips at a wine tasting session??? Lol!!! A simple breadstick would have done the trick.

KnightRider

Beautiful update Ankur !!!!
Thanks Sahil..

Excellent coverage of your trip Ankur and lovely pics!!

Did you have to pay something for the visit to Sula Vineyards and for the wine tasting session? Can you kindly share more about the vineyard experience and also, if you remember, what were the different wines they made you taste

And giving cheese puffs and masala chips at a wine tasting session??? Lol!!! A simple breadstick would have done the trick.
Thanks Dkay...yes they have paid tours for tastings and are conducted daily between11.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m. The harvest and crush season runs from January to March. Winery tour and a wine tasting of 4 premium wines cost Rs. 150 / person. Tour followed by wine tasting will take approximately 40 – 45 minutes.

Sorry Dkay..i don't remember the name..but it was good..:)

Entertainment at its best Ankur bhai :) I am loving it.
Thanks bhai..

KnightRider

Day 7:

For this day our plan was to start late, visit Trimbakeshwar and reach Mumbai with lot of breaks…but now the question was which route to follow…first one was to visit Trimbakeshwar and come back to nasik, and then follow NH3 till mumbai…and other one was to take trimbakeshwar - ghoti road and then continue on NH3. With this confusion in mind posted query on HVK forum about which route to follow?

Got following reply from Jitendra Yadav :

If you want to save time and drive back quickly to mumbai than Nashik - NH3 - Mumbai is the best choice. If you have ample time and want to enjoy the scenic view of green maharashtra than the trimbak - ghoti - NH3 - Mumbai route should be your choice.
As we have ample time, decided to take Trimbak – Ghoti road…this was one of the most scenic routes of our trip… Trimbakeshwar was just 25 km from our hotel, so we started around 9ish from hotel… we have moved just 1-2 km and it started raining heavily, and continued till we reached Trimbakeshwar…we took around in 45-50 mins to reach there…

Trimbakeshwar is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas situated in the town of Trimbak. It is located at the source of the Godavari River and the amazing feature of this Jyotirlinga is its three faces embodying Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Rudra. This temple was completed in 1786 and took 31 years to complete; it has appealing architecture and sculpture.
A must visit place for everyone. Here also the no of people was less and it took only 30 mins in queue of darshan… Camera is not allowed inside the temple so no photographs from there, after having darshan we continued our journey. Trimbak – Ghoti road is in good condition except few kms…we were enjoying the scenery all around and thanking Jitendra for pointing towards this route.

After crossing almost 30kms there was slush for about 100 m and our car got hit there…nothing major harm, only voice start coming from underbody like something was hitting it. But the road was so scenic, we didn’t bother to check much and continued on our journey…After reaching Ghoti we realized that now noise was increased…checked into service manual and found nearby service station was in Thane and Thane is another 100kms, so decided to go there…after entering thane it took around 45mins to find the service station…after reaching thane service station, guy over there told us they can’t check it for next 3 days as they were busy. After wasting another 30 mins over there, we moved towards our place in Kanjurmarg. Reached there around 5 pm…after relaxing a while, started searching for another service station…while I was searching got a call from Bhupi, I told him about the problem…after hearing about this, he immediately told me to put this thing on HVK forum and they will surely help. And it worked like anything, after putting the problem on forum…within a minute a got reply from HVK, and within few minutes got reply/ call from Mani, Manoj Sir etc…These guys were on continuous call with me for next 2hours and helped me in finding the problem. Mani gave me the no of ford chembur and told me reach there tomorrow by 8:30 am and he will also come to that place…After all the discussion I am relaxed and sure that now problem will be resolved…

Between Nasik and Trimbakeshwar:

IMG_7770.jpg

Near Trimbakeshwar:

IMG_7763.jpg

Trimbakeshwar Temple:

IMG_7757.jpg

Many Waterfalls :

IMG_7764.jpg

Closer View:

IMG_7765.jpg

Near Trimbakeshwar:

IMG_7766.jpg

Our Car :

IMG_7768.jpg

On Trimbak - Ghoti Road:

IMG_7774.jpg

On Trimbak - Ghoti Road:

IMG_7778.jpg

Trimbak - Ghoti Road:

DSCN8382.jpg

Yours Truly :

IMG_7773.jpg

Trimbak - Ghoti Road:

DSCN8383.jpg

Just after reaching NH3:

IMG_7780.jpg

Pics from Nasik - Mumbai Stretch:

DSCN8386.jpg

DSCN8387.jpg

IMG_7785.jpg

DSCN8394.jpg

DSCN8388.jpg

DSCN8395.jpg

DSCN8398.jpg

DSCN8402.jpg

DSCN8404.jpg

Last edited:

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
man o man... what a black wet tarmac! :eek:
superb pics of roads..... amazing!

and loved the green shots from your trimbak-ghoti road!!

weather was lovely to say the least... you're lucky to enjoy this pristine weather! :)

pour in more please...