Hamta Pass to reopen for tourists

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Manali Administration is getting all set to open the Hamta Pass for tourists and it is expected that the pass will be reopened on the 18th of March 2018.

The administration is also planning to raise the current limit from 200 vehicles per day and has setup mobile toilets and garbage cans at the pass to reduce the ecological damage and garbage emanating from tourist visits.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
The road ends before the pass and is in bad condition. Of course, you need permit for it, which is given to just 200 vehicles everyday.

Last edited:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Turns out what the administration is calling road to Hamta Pass is actually a road leading up to Hydro Project above Sethan Village, where the road ends. From there, you have to trek all the way to Hamta Pass, which is a long and hard trek spanning over multiple days.

Sayantan.geo

TRAVELER BABA
My guess was right then... I checked on the map- No road to the pass. Also asked locals near Manali (on the other side of the river, near the first check post) - they told us that it is a trek route. One can go a few kms with the permission from the Manali office (no online permit for this-correct me if I'm wrong here).

delhitrekker

not all those who wander are lost !!
to go to hampta pass you need trek from Jobri to Chika, chika to balu ka gera and then to hampta pass
My guess was right then... I checked on the map- No road to the pass. Also asked locals near Manali (on the other side of the river, near the first check post) - they told us that it is a trek route. One can go a few kms with the permission from the Manali office (no online permit for this-correct me if I'm wrong here).