Hanle Observatory Guest House

Admin01

Administrator
Not really. During season there are quite a few scientists who go there for work and the guest house only really has 8-10 rooms.

kris.swiss

hi, could you please forward me the mail ID for the hanle observatory guest house, and details of the contact person.
We are planning to visit Leh in July 2nd week, is there any other accomodation that we can look for if we dont get over here.

hi, could you please forward me the mail ID for the hanle observatory guest house, and details of the contact person.
We are planning to visit Leh in July 2nd week, is there any other accomodation that we can look for if we dont get over here.
Kris - If you are a foreign national (the swiss part of your ID leads me to believe that) - then you will not get permits for Hanle in any case.

Secondly, The private accommodation at Hanle are some homestays and there are plenty. You can get them on arrival. There is no way to pre-book them. The observatory guys are best not disturbed for this, they might get irritated as their primary function is to facilitate research rather than tourism. I got a pretty strict reply from the concerned people when I went about inquiring for details.

ssdhull

Could you please share the email id/ contact details of the concerned person/ authority to whom request should be made to book the GuestHouse?
Regards,
Satyender

Please read above.
Bookings are not accepted at Hanle anymore.
I guess Harsh is right that Hanle Guest House have stopped accepting requests from Tourists (atleast during Summer season from Jul to Sep) as I have also received their reply stating their inability to entertain my request to stay there. Yogesh there is no point in bugging them time and again with repeated requests else they might stop this permanently. May be during winter months or off-season (Oct - May) we may request them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yogesh, Harsh

Could you please also share few other options (Homestays) where we can look forward to stay at Hanle?

Thanks Yogesh. With all these restrictions on Permits (Chushul, Chumur) are we sure that we can visit Hanle or even that is doubtful at this stage?