Harley Davidson XG750 ABS Street 2017 ownership review-Homecoming of the "Tera Chorinja"

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
The 8000kms routine service of the bike has just been done-Hit to pocket Rs7300.Other than the engine oil,air and oil filters etc etc,during this service the brake calipers,brake pads and brake fluid(both front and rear) were replaced(FOC) in a global service recall on Street 750 for a sticky brake seal of the brake piston inside the calipers-good move by Harley Davidson.
The bike is otherwise functioning perfect. It took me and wifey on a small ride to Club Mahindra, Kandaghat,Himachal Pradesh-a round trip of approximately 400kms.At the resort,the bike and bike riders were lavished with attention by friends who till now did not know that I had a Harley Davidson:).Some pictures-in no particular order.And another thing-have removed my Screamin Eagle exhaust and fitted the stock exhaust which i have shortened by 4" by grinding/hacking/cutting and accordingly adjusting the internal baffle plates-all stock look with a mellifluous sound.Sweet.

IMG_9332.JPG

IMG_9388.JPG

IMG_9399.JPG
IMG_9334.JPG

BIEK5709.JPG

GXOF9792.JPG

IMG_9558.JPG
DXZZ1331.JPG

IMG_9376.JPG

IMG_9400.JPG

IMG_9404.JPG

IMG_9406.JPG
RIYI1241.JPG

CRKO6739.JPG

JSZR7493.JPG

MNYY2161.JPG

Gaurav Chopra

"Tera Chorinja" has been sitting idle a lot and completed 3years on Feb8-the OE battery went phus a few days back and a new OE one costing rs9600 with fitting has been installed.Have not had time to take her out as her new sister -a RE Himalayan-is getting all the attention as she is in the running in period.Let's see when the Tera Chorinja hits the highway :) -but she sure will-n sooner rather than later.

Gaurav Chopra

After sitting in hibernation for a long time, decided to ride the bike on an overnight trip to Jalandhar.And got a new perspective-when the Duke390 was my daily rider,the HD felt like a leviathan,but now with the tall n heavy RE Himalayan,the HD feels like a quick ride with light steering feel and super quick acceleration.Everything in the world is so relative.While on the way back today morning, decided to pay obeisance at the renowned Tahlan sahib gurdwara which is said to be special place to visit for all who wanna go abroad-the public offers aeroplanes in the gurudwara to fulfill their desire to go abroad.After darshan,it was a quick ride home.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IJS

TBTSRIDER

After a hiatus of almost 5 months ,fired up the big girl and rode her to office-she had difficulty in turning over as the battery must have gone low standing for so long-got the tyres inflated at the first tyre shop and gave her the berries as we hit the 6km stretch of GT road -ah! View attachment 752891 the feeling of torque ,power and exhaust burbling-all at the same time-she never fails to bring a smile on my face every time she gets on the road-promised her will ride her more often-much more often

I suggest purchasing a battery tender , so that you can use it for any of your bike's batteries when you not using that particular bike .
Check battery tender from Optimate

Optimate 1 Duo Battery Charger - BigBadBikes.com™

This is a dual purpose battery charger which you can use for a normal as well as lithium ion battery :)

Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

After a hiatus of more than two months ,the 1354 was on the road for a short ride-after two months of riding only my Himalayan and Avenger 220 , opening the throttle on this V-twin baby felt like having a burbling rocket attached to your back-it did what it does best-had me
grinning contentedly underneath my helmet

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: