Harley Davidson XG750 ABS Street 2017 ownership review-Homecoming of the "Tera Chorinja"

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Noticed the first road scar-the front rim is slightly bent from hitting a pothole at around 80kmph during the morning school run to leave my younger kid to his school.
Looks like the rim is holding air and I will leave it as it is .
P_20170301_120705.jpg

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Noticed the first road scar-the front rim is slightly bent from hitting a pothole at around 80kmph during the morning school run to leave my younger kid to his school.
Looks like the rim is holding air and I will leave it as it is .View attachment 706852
Looks very minor one but make sure no wobble is there which can affect stability at high speed.
This issue is present in most alloy rims.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
After sitting idle for almost three weeks,Tera Chorinja saw some fast action today.
Did the Ludhiana-Mcleodganj-Ludhiana run today-400+ kms.
Started at 8am-back at 7.24pm.
An opportunity presented a couple of days back when wifey was allotted a seat vacated by someone's last minute cancellation in a Hypnosis meditation course she had been eyeing for long. She asked me to drop her to the venue-and I said,Madame i'll drop you in style:cool:-n she consented to ride shotgun.We bought her a new helmet-Steelbird "Dashing Eve" model -open face with visor,lightweight 800gms helmet-which i got slightly personalized by my stickerwala.
P_20170325_115709.jpg

The bike performed flawlessly.Was double seat with wife on the way up-the rear suspension is way plusher while double seat.The seat itself deserves special thanks as it was supa comfortable for my 43+year old derriere and the wife did'nt complain either.As the bike is still in the running in period,cruised at 90kmph with short bursts to 100kmph to overtake.The bike returned a fuel efficiency of 23kmpl for this trip.
Got real comfortable with the handling of the bike by the time i was returning and really threw her into the curves-the bike tracked and held its intended arc well enough to grind hard parts on the tarmac on both the right and left side.
TOOK corners hard enough to use the edges of the rear tyre:twisted:
Bike can lean more on the left than the right-Also the hard parts on the left side were more forgiving than the right side where in one right decreasing radius turn it seems the exhaust stay hit the ground and was unyielding enough to unload the rear tire enough to scare me-guess the right side sweepers will have to be taken with caution.
The ABS brakes saw more than their fair share of action today and saved my bacon more than a couple of times when i entered corners too hot-as the brakes have bedded in ,their bite and feel have improved manifold and are much more confidence inspiring than in my first few days with the bike.
The gear shift quality also has improved from notchy to effortless-i feel the bike is geared short-The torquey engine can easily handle taller gearing and the bike will be more relaxed cruiser if this is done.
Dharamshala and Mcleodganj were full to capacity with tourists because of the test match being held there from today.The Dhauladhars looked beautiful with their snow cover.
It was sultry hot during the morning but cooled down in the afternoon with clouds and some breeze.
On the way back was busy enjoying the curves to take notice of the weather but the sunset was spectecular.
Returned from the trip a happy and satisfied man.
P_20170325_115924.jpg
P_20170325_131228.jpg

Clicks from my mobile as did not carry the DSLR-so ignore shortcomings.

P_20170325_154511.jpg

P_20170325_154638.jpg

P_20170325_172153 - Copy.jpg

P_20170325_172139.jpg

Last edited:

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
After sitting idle for almost three weeks,Tera Chorinja saw some fast action today.
Did the Ludhiana-Mcleodganj-Ludhiana run today-400+ kms.
Started at 8am-back at 7.24pm.
An opportunity presented a couple of days back when wifey was allotted a seat vacated by someone's last minute cancellation in a Hypnosis meditation course she had been eyeing for long. She asked me to drop her to the venue-and I said,Madame i'll drop you in style:cool:-n she consented to ride shotgun.We bought her a new helmet-Steelbird "Dashing Eve" model -open face with visor,lightweight 800gms helmet-which i got slightly personalized by my stickerwala.View attachment 709523
The bike performed flawlessly.Was double seat with wife on the way up-the rear suspension is way plusher while double seat.The seat itself deserves special thanks as it was supa comfortable for my 43+year old derriere and the wife did'nt complain either.As the bike is still in the running in period,cruised at 90kmph with short bursts to 100kmph to overtake.The bike returned a fuel efficiency of 23kmpl for this trip.
Got real comfortable with the handling of the bike by the time i was returning and really threw her into the curves-the bike tracked and held its intended arc well enough to grind hard parts on the tarmac on both the right and left side.
TOOK corners hard enough to use the edges of the rear tyre:twisted:
Bike can lean more on the left than the right-Also the hard parts on the left side were more forgiving than the right side where in one right decreasing radius turn it seems the exhaust stay hit the ground and was unyielding enough to unload the rear tire enough to scare me-guess the right side sweepers will have to be taken with caution.
The ABS brakes saw more than their fare share of action today and saved my bacon more than a couple of times when i entered corners too hot-as the brakes have bedded in ,their bite and feel have improved manifold and are much more confidence inspiring than in my first few days with the bike.
The gear shift quality also has improved from notchy to effortless-i feel the bike is geared short-The torquey engine can easily handle taller gearing and the bike will be more relaxed cruiser if this is done.
Dharamshala and Mcleodganj were full to capacity with tourists because of the test match being held there from today.The Dhauladhars looked beautiful with their snow cover.
It was sultry hot during the morning but cooled down in the afternoon with clouds and some breeze.
On the way back was busy enjoying the curves to take notice of the weather but the sunset was spectecular.
Returned from the trip a happy and satisfied man.View attachment 709526 View attachment 709528
Clicks from my mobile as did not carry the DSLR-so ignore shortcomings.

View attachment 709532

View attachment 709534

View attachment 709539

View attachment 709537
Osm ride sir. I have been itching to do longer ride but would wait till 2k kms on odo. Grate sir.