Harley Davidson XG750 ABS Street 2017 ownership review-Homecoming of the "Tera Chorinja"

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
P_20170327_084647.jpg
Today morning ,got down on my knees besides the bike to see exactly what was touching the ground on the turns -on the right side it is the clamping bolt head of the catalytic converter heat shield.

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS

Gaurav Chopra

First service done today-oil change,oil filter change,air filter cleaning,brake pad cleaning and sanding,brake caliper sliding pin greased,new O-ring for the drain plug,washing and full bike check up-Total charges Rs5377 including almost Rs650 tax-balance split 50-50 between service charges and consumables.
The charges are along the expected lines for foreign brands.
The service time taken from going in to coming out exactly 2hours which were spent pleasantly in the workshop and showroom with the courteous staff taking good care.
The accessory sales staff tried their level best to hawk their wares to me but I somehow resisted their charming ways and come out in one piece with pockets intact

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
First service done today-oil change,oil filter change,air filter cleaning,brake pad cleaning and sanding,brake caliper sliding pin greased,new O-ring for the drain plug,washing and full bike check up-Total charges Rs5377 including almost Rs650 tax-balance split 50-50 between service charges and consumables.
The charges are along the expected lines for foreign brands.
The service time taken from going in to coming out exactly 2hours which were spent pleasantly in the workshop and showroom with the courteous staff taking good care.
The accessory sales staff tried their level best to hawk their wares to me but I somehow resisted their charming ways and come out in one piece with pockets intact

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
Keep guard on ur pockets, money saved can always be spent on fuel:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Gaurav Chopra

Did a breakfast run to Dharamkot today -456kms total.
Rode from Ludhiana to Hoshiarpur in moderate rain-shoes were soaking wet though the raincoat did it's job of protecting the upper body and legs well.
Met up with fellow member @SwaGGer
IMG-20170430-WA0016.jpg
P_20170430_142119.jpg
P_20170430_103227.jpg
P_20170430_160109.jpg
IMG-20170430-WA0008.jpg
near the Mata Chintpuri highway and from there it was WOT till Dharamkot with a tea break in between.
The higher Dhauladhar's were under a thick cloud cover with fresh snow on the peaks.
Had a late breakfast at the "Trek and Dine" cafe-lounged in the now shining sun for an hour with the socks and shoes to left to dry in the open.
Then it was back on the road to home.
Zipped the bike till 120kmph in short bursts -could not sustain speed due to heavy Sunday traffic.
Gear downshifts still a bit blotchy though the upshifts are makkhan malai.
The bike performed well.
The odometer now stands at 1489kms.
A day spent with gourmet and soul satisfaction.