Harley Davidson XG750 ABS Street 2017 ownership review-Homecoming of the "Tera Chorinja"

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Went for a breakfast run to Sarai Bharatpur with the local HOG riders.
A turnout of 60+ Harleys -the thunder was to be heard to be believed.
A total fun ride of 180kms to and fro.
Made new acquaintances with Harley riders from Chandigarh.
Bike ran fine and true-downshifts still notchy.
While pranking around the parking lot,a fellow rider tripped on the bricks and dislodged my left rear view mirror.
The mirror was immediately set right by another fellow rider - a Colonel in the army-carrying a very comprehensive toolkit in his Street's tailbag.
Some of the Harley's had 50000km + mileage and were beautifully customized.
Me need to get really really rich fast:mrgreen:
P_20170618_082953.jpg

P_20170618_082916.jpg
P_20170618_081044.jpg
P_20170618_080932.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Went for a breakfast run to Sarai Bharatpur with the local HOG riders.
A turnout of 60+ Harleys -the thunder was to be heard to be believed.
A total fun ride of 180kms to and fro.
Made new acquaintances with Harley riders from Chandigarh.
Bike ran fine and true-downshifts still notchy.
While pranking around the parking lot,a fellow rider tripped on the bricks and dislodged my left rear view mirror.
The mirror was immediately set right by another fellow rider - a Colonel in the army-carrying a very comprehensive toolkit in his Street's tailbag.
Some of the Harley's had 50000km + mileage and were beautifully customized.
Me need to get really really rich fast:mrgreen:
View attachment 715454
View attachment 715451 View attachment 715452 View attachment 715453
Awesome ride sir ji and grate pic may god grant all ur wishes soon.

Gaurav Chopra

After 3 weeks of hibernation due to running in of the Duke390,took the Harley out for a 80km spin today morning.Had to go on a vastu visit to the residence of a village sarpanch cum president of the local youth wing of a prominent political party and what better way the mixing business and pleasure.
The first wring of the throttle was enough to have a wide perma grin plastered on my face under the helmet-The Street feels like greased lightning as compared to the fast jackhammer like D390.Paid obescience at the Rara Sahib gurudwara and proceeded to the client's house.The bike completed 2000kms today.Did speeds of up to 130kmph on the return journey on empty and smooth rural roads and was home well before 10am.
P_20170716_074514.jpg
P_20170716_075514.jpg
P_20170716_073932.jpg
P_20170716_075959_HDR.jpg
P_20170716_074514.jpg
P_20170716_075514.jpg
P_20170716_073932.jpg
P_20170716_075959_HDR.jpg

Gaurav Chopra

After a long hiatus,the Harley was back in action yesterday.
Listening to its exhaust burble is a subtle pleasure.
Took a 140km long ride with fellow BCMTian Amandeep Grewal and his beautifully maintained white Mahindra Mojo-he has removed the decibel killers in his bike's exhaust and guys now can say with absolute surety that the Mojo is the sweetest sounding single in India-totally badass-infact i remained behind Amandeep's bike to listen to that single cylinder sing its symphony.
The Street completed 2500kms on the odometer today .
The highlight of today's ride was the COLD:razz: which necessitated two tea stops in this trip.
We started at around 4.15pm and were back in Ludhiana by 7pm
Both of us were wearing riding jackets but the cold crept in-next time thermal inner has to be attached.
No photos this time-took in the scenery rather than shooting it.

Gaurav Chopra

The bike has crossed the 3000km mark a month back and got injured too.
On a ride back from the nearby town of Moga,at approx. the halfway mark towards Ludhiana,was crossing a newly built flyover for the first time at about 120kmph cruise when the front tire hit a very poorly built expansion joint and the front alloy got bent enough for it to start loosing air -----pissshhhhhh-------pisssssh.Such awfull build quality of these new road flyovers i can't tell you.
Slowed down and assessed the loss-it was a big whack indeed-got off the highway and checked air pressure -it was now just 15psi-all attempts to fill air failed as the tyre took air and it leaked again till it was about 15-20psi and then the leaking stopped at this pressure point.The big hit also had caused a leakage from the left front fork though i would be informed of it later by the HD dealership.
Slowly made it back to Ludhiana and straightaway rode into the HD dealership and deposited the bike for front alloy replacement informing them of the exact sequence of events.
The insurance claim is being pursued and the replacement parts are expected anytime so should have the bike back with me in the coming week.

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
The bike has crossed the 3000km mark a month back and got injured too.
On a ride back from the nearby town of Moga,at approx. the halfway mark towards Ludhiana,was crossing a newly built flyover for the first time at about 120kmph cruise when the front tire hit a very poorly built expansion joint and the front alloy got bent enough for it to start loosing air -----pissshhhhhh-------pisssssh.Such awfull build quality of these new road flyovers i can't tell you.
Slowed down and assessed the loss-it was a big whack indeed-got off the highway and checked air pressure -it was now just 15psi-all attempts to fill air failed as the tyre took air and it leaked again till it was about 15-20psi and then the leaking stopped at this pressure point.The big hit also had causeda leakage from the left front fork though i wouls be informed of it later by the HD dealership.
Slowly made it back to Ludhiana and straightaway rode into the HD dealership and deposited the bike for front alloy replacement informing them of the exact sequence of events.
The insurance claim is being pursued and the replacement parts are expected anytime so should have the bike back with me in the coming week.
Sad to know the injuries. But these things happens its part of our life and will share this in our dominar grp to tell the complaining cry babies who are cursing bajaj quality, ki bhai dekho ye kisi mai bhi ho sakta hai.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk