Harley Davidson XG750 ABS Street 2017 ownership review-Homecoming of the "Tera Chorinja"

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
India being Indian,best to have tall sidewall tyres on our vehicles-these low profile tyres can't absorb big hits as well as the higher profile tyres.
But road construction quality is downright pathetic

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
India being Indian,best to have tall sidewall tyres on our vehicles-these low profile tyres can't absorb big hits as well as the higher profile tyres.
But road construction quality is downright pathetic
Lot depends upon the correct tyre pressure i have seen riders busting side wall of mrf on Dominar by riding on too much air or damaging the rim due to same. As if the air is too much the tyre would get hard and the whole impact is absorbed by rim and side wall same goes for too low air in the rubber.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

N with repair costs being what they are,we have to ensure that everything-repeat,everything is covered under insurance-rims, tyres etc -all.

Gaurav Chopra

@smoothwanderer -Have not even asked them as have insisted on insurance claim for which I received a message couple of days back of ICICI Lombard opening my claim and the HD dealership informed me that it is under process and they have received the alloy wheel from the warehouse
Will update when I get the bike and the claim papers in hand

Last edited:

Gaurav Chopra

The bike is back:)
Total bill for the repairs was Rs29000/-
The alloy itself was Rs23000.
Out of pocket cost Rs4910.
Insurance renewed with Tata AIG for Rs15585 this time instead of ICICI Lombard due to their extremely slow processing procedure-got everything covered,even bolts and nuts.
Got the baffle plates of the Screamin Eagle exhaust opened up with a single washer each-the burble is bassy but loud enough to be an issue on a long ride-guess will close them up again.

Gaurav Chopra

The balance weights on the new front wheel got dislogded while cleaning in the morning-they were too wide for the wheel and also the double tape at their back was not sticky enough.
Glued them back on with Fevi Quick gel -now they should stick a while,though in retrospect,maybe if they go now,the glue might take off the powder coating itself.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
The balance weights on the new front wheel got dislogded while cleaning in the morning-they were too wide for the wheel and also the double tape at their back was not sticky enough.
Glued them back on with Fevi Quick gel -now they should stick a while,though in retrospect,maybe if they go now,the glue might take off the powder coating itself.
Bhai use good quality 3m tape if possible commercial one the grey one.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Gaurav Chopra

640DE54E-FA41-471A-B6C8-25E199EC8598.jpeg
AF8DADC6-A522-436B-993F-411E1BEED22D.jpeg
94702B9B-6FDF-4BE2-BFB5-AB9591459347.jpeg
94702B9B-6FDF-4BE2-BFB5-AB9591459347.jpeg
Did a 410kms ride this morning-destination Mukteshwar Cave Shiv temple cut into the rock face on the banks of the river Ravi just downstream Ranjit Sagar dam-was accompanied by fellow BCMTian , fast friend and rider extraordinaire Praveen Dua ji on his D390
The temple caves are purported to be made by the Pandavas during their stay at the place in their exile period.The way the caves are cut is similar to the way the Masroor rock cut temple have been made .
They beauty of the place is divine -the Pandavas sure choose an apt location.
We had dressed for the receding winter weather but were met with icy cold thick fog on the Jalandhar Pathankot highway which drenched us completely in 50kms .
Took a break of about 45 minutes for thawing n drying out ourselves at the first dhaba we saw open .
Proceeded our journey as the fog receded and rode in perfect sunshine to the destination.On the way back had 2 stops for our brunch,fuel and coffee.
The bike touched 16o kmph today-so now can say I am in the 100mph club.

Last edited: