Headphones for Music and Movies

Apoorv SHarma

Eat, Ride, Sleep, Repeat!
I beg to differ the Headphone can't replace a real 5.1 or 7.1 system point. You've got to try this one: Amazon.com: Razer Tiamat Over Ear 7.1 Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset: Electronics

The version available in India is going at around 12K, its advisable to go for Amazon. The sound is just out of this world, it is proper 7.1 Headphone with 7.1 Analog input. All you need is a 7.1 Channel AVR with 3.5 mm 7.1 output(1 jack for rear, 1 for side and one for Sub and center). Connectivity should not be an issue as you can get converters for that.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I beg to differ the Headphone can't replace a real 5.1 or 7.1 system point. You've got to try this one: ....
Apoorv, you're quite obviously not an audiophile.
No headphone can ever replace a speaker.
As I said here, it is a physiological thing, not something that science is likely to find a solution for!

knightrider60

Yesterday i experimented with using a subwoofer and my over the ear headphone.It did make a remarkable difference but then no where to the actual speakers experience.It did create a lot of vibrations though the noise was reduced,but it was no solution to my problem.
So i guess as Anup ji said,its a personal AV room and if in a flat , will require sound proofing.Else a compromise.

Apoorv SHarma

Eat, Ride, Sleep, Repeat!
Apoorv, you're quite obviously not an audiophile.
No headphone can ever replace a speaker.
As I said here, it is a physiological thing, not something that science is likely to find a solution for!
Sir, this headphone has actual 7.1 speaker setup. Obviously you can not replace a 1 Lakh HTS with a 12K headphone but the sound from this one is decent enough if your source(sound card for PC or AVR) is good enough. You are right about making a compromise but the 7.1 effects on this headphone are real good. The sound quality depends on your taste, I like Gaming and Movies so these are perfect for me. But if you are into Music then obviously these Headphones will just not do. All I am saying is that I have tried these and then compared it with a starting range 7.1 HTS and I found these on par with it. But that is again my personal experience.

Last edited:

Islandsportivo

Bose Quiet Comfort are great. Just make sure you don't listen your music very loud in your headphones, cause it might cause permanent hearing loss. Lots of young people don't follow that advice and already have to live with the consequences. After a while they night need to find hearing aids for sale as they are not able to hear well anymore.

Last edited: