Help in correcting itinerary for Kerala in monsoon

rohitbhat

Super User
Dear all,
Namaste.

Well, I have been to Kerala in monsoon twice, many years ago. But now my friends and me are planning to visit Kerala in monsoon. I have managed to make on rough itinerary. Would like to take help from fellow BCMTian's in correcting/altering/additions, if any. Let me put the details:

When do we start : Thursday 2nd August from Mumbai ( Rail )
When do we come back : Sunday 12th August from Kochi (Fly )

We are mostly relying on KeSRTC's buses to do the journey from one place to another. There will be time when we will have to book the tourist taxis against buses. It won't matter to us as we will take a call as we face the situation, then & there. There are no ladies/kids in the group and all are regular trekkers as few of you know it.

Area of Interest : Kottiyoor, Wayanad, Guruvayoor, Athirapally, Alappuzha & Kumarakom.
Let me make it more clear and easy for you so that you just copy this and just give your inputs by editing.

Aug 2 - Mumbai to Kozhikode( or Kannur)
Aug 3 -
Aug 4 -
Aug 5 -
Aug 6 -
Aug 7 -
Aug 8 -
Aug 9 -
Aug 10 -
Aug 11 - Nehru Boat race at Punnamada
Aug 12 - Fly back from Kochi

Does it look good? Or you have any suggestions
Thank you

subru_traveler

Dear all,
Namaste.

Well, I have been to Kerala in monsoon twice, many years ago. But now my friends and me are planning to visit Kerala in monsoon. I have managed to make on rough itinerary. Would like to take help from fellow BCMTian's in correcting/altering/additions, if any. Let me put the details:

When do we start : Thursday 2nd August from Mumbai ( Rail )
When do we come back : Sunday 12th August from Kochi (Fly )

Area of Interest : Kottiyoor, Wayanad, Guruvayoor, Athirapally, Alappuzha & Kumarakom.
Let me make it more clear and easy for you so that you just copy this and just give your inputs by editing.

Aug 2 - Mumbai to Kozhikode( or Kannur)
Aug 3 -
Aug 4 -
Aug 5 -
Aug 6 -
Aug 7 -
Aug 8 -
Aug 9 -
Aug 10 -
Aug 11 - Nehru Boat race at Punnamada
Aug 12 - Fly back from Kochi

Does it look good? Or you have any suggestions
Thank you
Hi Rohit,

I can try to help you as much as I can. Here is something I can think of.

For KeSRTC bus timings there is a website
KSRTC Kerala Bus Timings Powered By Team KSRTC Blog

There are also private buses in some of the routes.
Aug 3 : Kannur -->Kottiyoor is about 2 hrs by bus. Generally most of the temples in kerala are closed between approx 12 PM to 4.30 PM. You can visit Kottiyoor and stay at Mananthavady or so. It should be about 1 hr to Mananthavady from Kottiyur via Palchuram ghat.
Aug 4 : You can try visiting Meenmutty and Soochippara waterfalls since it should be a couple of months into the monsoon waterfalls should be in full glory. Edakkal caves is a good option.
Aug 5 : If interested in trekking you can try Chembra, Banasura or Brahmagiri. But to be honest be ready for a leech attack if you trek around that time. If you prefer there will be overnight buses to guruvayur. It will be about 5 to 6 hrs depending on where you start in wayanad.
Aug 6 : You can visit guruvayur. Travel to Athirapally & Vazhachal. You can stay overnight around Chalakudy.
Aug 7-10: Visit Alappuzha and different regions.

Regards

Subru

rohitbhat

Super User
Thanks Subru for the inputs. Vazhachal sounds good.
Hi Rohit,

I can try to help you as much as I can. Here is something I can think of.

For KeSRTC bus timings there is a website
KSRTC Kerala Bus Timings Powered By Team KSRTC Blog

There are also private buses in some of the routes.
Aug 3 : Kannur -->Kottiyoor is about 2 hrs by bus. Generally most of the temples in kerala are closed between approx 12 PM to 4.30 PM. You can visit Kottiyoor and stay at Mananthavady or so. It should be about 1 hr to Mananthavady from Kottiyur via Palchuram ghat.
Aug 4 : You can try visiting Meenmutty and Soochippara waterfalls since it should be a couple of months into the monsoon waterfalls should be in full glory. Edakkal caves is a good option.
Aug 5 : If interested in trekking you can try Chembra, Banasura or Brahmagiri. But to be honest be ready for a leech attack if you trek around that time. If you prefer there will be overnight buses to guruvayur. It will be about 5 to 6 hrs depending on where you start in wayanad.
Aug 6 : You can visit guruvayur. Travel to Athirapally & Vazhachal. You can stay overnight around Chalakudy.
Aug 7-10: Visit Alappuzha and different regions.

Regards

Subru