help me choose a monitor for my desktop pc

moto143

hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a LCD monitor for my desktop PC. max budget is 10k. Would like to connect the monitor to an external TV tuner to watch tv channels on it. Infact the main reason why i'm buying the monitor is to watch tv on it and some HD movies in my bedroom. I do not have the funds to go for a LCD TV at this point in time :(

yesterday went to nehru place and had a look at few monitors. There was one samsung B2230 for 8k. it's full HD 22" monitor.. it looks more like a TV than a monitor. do you guys think a 22 Inch monitor would be good enough to watch TV channels and HD movies??

if you any other recommendations feel free to post it.:)

Admin01

Administrator
If you want to watch movies, then it would be best if you can get a 24" LED monitor. It should come out to be around 10-12k.

rupinder

you wont get 24 inch led for 10 k only acer 23 inch led is at 10.5k . rest all are at 14k . but if you can stretch you budget and are only going to watch tv and not play games get the dell u2311h panel it is lcd but it is a ips panel with great colours but response time is 8ms

oriole12

Nature Lover
you wont get 24 inch led for 10 k only acer 23 inch led is at 10.5k . rest all are at 14k . but if you can stretch you budget and are only going to watch tv and not play games get the dell u2311h panel it is lcd but it is a ips panel with great colours but response time is 8ms
Would you please translate the highlighted portion to English? I am technically challenged.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would you please translate the highlighted portion to English? I am technically challenged.
Hehe, Koshy sir!! :p
It is a regular LCD monitor but uses In Plane Switching technology, as do most of the Apple monitors.
The main advantage is that very wide viewing angles are possible in both the horizontal and vertical planes. Around 178° viewing angle.

Viny

Do check out AOC, They claim to be one of the largest OEM LCD Monitor `Manufacturers. I bought a 22" LCD 4-5 years ago from them and it has till date no sign of Aging, no maintenance or service required so far.

moto143

I did check the AOC monitors, it's priced at 7.5k for 22 " monitor. The only downside is is the warranty. AOC comes with 1 yr warranty while other manufacturers offers 3 yrs on site warranty.

I found a benQ 24" monitor. seems to fit in my budget and comes with 3 yrs on site warranty. Need to call the dealer and confirm the availability.

Admin01

Administrator
See if you can find Dell monitor in somewhat similar price range, don't be afraid to call up their sales team and bargain hard. Though be ready to face a few delays, since they can take quite a bit of time to get things delivered.

Viny

I did check the AOC monitors, it's priced at 7.5k for 22 " monitor. The only downside is is the warranty. AOC comes with 1 yr warranty while other manufacturers offers 3 yrs on site warranty.

I found a benQ 24" monitor. seems to fit in my budget and comes with 3 yrs on site warranty. Need to call the dealer and confirm the availability.
Are you sure, I think i got 3 years warranty ( I am not sure). Damn I paid in access of 25K for that 22" and now its just for 7.5K :(