Help needed in choosing destination - Family trio

CADA

Hi all.
I am planning for a family trip in mid april with my wife and 2 kids (12y and 7y).
The duration would be 5-6 days.
I was thinking about the following destinations - North Sikkim, Shillong, Mahabaleshwar, Kashmir.

Need your help in finalising the destination. All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Theloststory

Not sure where you would be coming from. These destinations are all very far from each other.
April is not a great time to visit Mahabaleshwar. It’s a small place with not much to do.

Kashmir sounds good. North Sikkim is always good. Shillong is nice too.

If you ask me, I would suggest North Sikkim. Great place. Good food. Good weather. Fabulous landscapes.

CADA

Not sure where you would be coming from. These destinations are all very far from each other.
April is not a great time to visit Mahabaleshwar. It’s a small place with not much to do.

Kashmir sounds good. North Sikkim is always good. Shillong is nice too.

If you ask me, I would suggest North Sikkim. Great place. Good food. Good weather. Fabulous landscapes.
I would be starting from Delhi. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

CADA

After discussing with my wife, we are finally zeroing-in on North Sikkim. I have identified the following tentative itinerary. Kindly check and suggest if this seem OK or if any changes required. Also, if someone would be able to suggest if we would be able to visit Gurdongamar with Kids (12 Yo and 7 Yo) keeping in view the altitude. We had earlier been to Pangong 2 years back where my younger kid suffered from AMS.

Day 1: Delhi Flight to Bagdogra > Gangtok. Night Halt at Gangtok.

Day 2: Gangtok to Nathu La (if allowed), Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir. Night Halt at Gangtok.

Day 3: Gangtok to Lachen. Night Halt at Lachen.

Day 4: Lachen to Lachung. Gurdongamar lake, Chopta Valley. Night Halt at Lachung.

Day 5: Lachung to Yumthang visit and back to Gangtok. Night Halt at Gangtok.

Day 6: Gangtok Sight seeing. Night Halt at Gangtok.

Day 7: Gangtok to Bagdogra. Flight back to Delhi.

Thanks in Advance.

dichkaun

After discussing with my wife, we are finally zeroing-in on North Sikkim. I have identified the following tentative itinerary. Kindly check and suggest if this seem OK or if any changes required. Also, if someone would be able to suggest if we would be able to visit Gurdongamar with Kids (12 Yo and 7 Yo) keeping in view the altitude. We had earlier been to Pangong 2 years back where my younger kid suffered from AMS.

Day 1: Delhi Flight to Bagdogra > Gangtok. Night Halt at Gangtok.

Day 2: Gangtok to Nathu La (if allowed), Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir. Night Halt at Gangtok.

Day 3: Gangtok to Lachen. Night Halt at Lachen.

Day 4: Lachen to Lachung. Gurdongamar lake, Chopta Valley. Night Halt at Lachung.

Day 5: Lachung to Yumthang visit and back to Gangtok. Night Halt at Gangtok.

Day 6: Gangtok Sight seeing. Night Halt at Gangtok.

Day 7: Gangtok to Bagdogra. Flight back to Delhi.

Thanks in Advance.
This is a good itinerary. I went about it with my family few years back and it went quite well. Day 5 may be a little hectic. Start early from the hotel.
When are you planning to go? When we went in April, both Gurdongamar lake and Yumthang zero point were very cold.

Some pictures here: More Sikkim Pictures – 2017

CADA

This is a good itinerary. I went about it with my family few years back and it went quite well. Day 5 may be a little hectic. Start early from the hotel.
When are you planning to go? When we went in April, both Gurdongamar lake and Yumthang zero point were very cold.

Some pictures here: More Sikkim Pictures – 2017
Thanks. I am planning around mid april. Probably around 15th.