Help needed in choosing destination - Family trio

CADA

One more question - Can I add pelling also by adding a day or two in the trip? Can we go from Lachung to Pelling directly instead of going back to Gangtok? Any suggestions?

dichkaun

You can easily do that by adding a day or two.
It would be better to do Bagdogra - Pelling - Gangtok or Gangtok - Pelling - Bagdogra.

Also, if someone would be able to suggest if we would be able to visit Gurdongamar with Kids (12 Yo and 7 Yo) keeping in view the altitude. We had earlier been to Pangong 2 years back where my younger kid suffered from AMS.
I have not visited Gurudongmar lake but from my experience of high altitude trekking I can tell you that if you get acclimatised well before visiting a place, a healthy person should not face any AMS issue.

dichkaun

I visited Gurudongmar when my kid was 7.5. No issues at all with AMS. We stayed overnight at Lachen and went to the lake next day.
They felt very cold though.

CADA

hi all.
So now I have booked the flight tickets to Bagdogra.
Itinerary is the same. I have added one more day for Pelling at the end.

Just wanted to ask one more thing, since my return flight is around 6:30 in the evening so will I be able to visit Namchi on my way back from Pelling (considering I leave pelling around 8:30am) or will it be too risky?

dichkaun

Given the COVID restrictions, assume you have to check-in by 4:30pm i.e., you have around 8 hours. It takes around 5hrs from Pelling to Bagdogra. So you have 3 hours extra. It will be tight but doable.
Given that you are with kids, I would skip Namchi. With kids its always good to keep a margin of safety for unplanned breaks and stuff.

AnupamR

Super User
There is nothing much to explore in Namchi instead you may comeback in plains before time and enjoy the City (Siliguri).

hi all.
So now I have booked the flight tickets to Bagdogra.
Itinerary is the same. I have added one more day for Pelling at the end.

Just wanted to ask one more thing, since my return flight is around 6:30 in the evening so will I be able to visit Namchi on my way back from Pelling (considering I leave pelling around 8:30am) or will it be too risky?