Help plan itinerary for Uttarakhand

Ruma

Hello,

I am planning to travel with my mother and two other seniors to Uttarakhand from 30th Dec to 8th Jan.

we are booked for Rishikesh from 30th till 1st night - checkout 2nd Morning.

I would like your help in planning a chilled out but yet having sigh seeing tours with three senior citizens. we will have a car at disposal. so anything which is within range of 2-3 hrs is ok.

we have 2nd Jan till 7th Jan ....

I was looking at Lansdowne or Kanatal or Kasi. Two places for 5 days. Our flight to Mumbai is 8th afternoon.

Have always planned a trekking trip to Uttarakhand so this is very very tough!!!

Thanks a lot

Kanatal & Lansdowne are both at different sides of Rishikesh.
Better explore one side.

Kanatal with Chamba etc can be explored.
Lansdowne with Ranikhet side can be explored.

Last edited:

AnupamR

Super User
All higher places of UK might get snow by that time so traveling to those area's might involve some risk with seniors.

You may look for Dhanolti (Very good GMVN accomodation available) Kanatal, Chamba and Tehri Dam.

Moving to Pauri side (Ranikhet) will be time consuming and not sure how long/far you would like to travel.

Please tell us more what you expect from the trip and luxury level you are looking at so that we can suggest.

Ruma

All higher places of UK might get snow by that time so traveling to those area's might involve some risk with seniors.

You may look for Dhanolti (Very good GMVN accomodation available) Kanatal, Chamba and Tehri Dam.

Moving to Pauri side (Ranikhet) will be time consuming and not sure how long/far you would like to travel.

Please tell us more what you expect from the trip and luxury level you are looking at so that we can suggest.
Thanks Anupam!
WE are thinking of staying at a homestay in Jaiharikhal close to Lansdowne.

Do you think staying here during this time would be convenient and easy to travel?

If we make this as our base for four days, where all can we travel for the day-trips?

Really appreciate your inputs.

Ruma

jeetcp

Mediocre me
why waste time in driving, and it is very tiring.

From rishikesh, head to tehri Dam and then stay in Dhanolti. You will guaranteed get snow there. Lansdowne is nothing special compared to Dhanolti. From Dhanolti, you can choose to go further or within 50-100 KM.

AnupamR

Super User
Hello Ruma,
Honestly nothing exciting to explore around Lansdowne and instead you may have your base as Dhanolti and explore areas nearby like Surkanda Devi Temple, Tehri Dam, Mussoorie, Kanatal and Chamba.

Thanks Anupam!
WE are thinking of staying at a homestay in Jaiharikhal close to Lansdowne.

Do you think staying here during this time would be convenient and easy to travel?

If we make this as our base for four days, where all can we travel for the day-trips?

Really appreciate your inputs.

Ruma

Ruma

Thanks a lot for the reply! Truly appreciate it!!

Dhanaulti has much fewer places to stay; can i make the base at Kanatal as it has more options?

Gaurav Dutt

हर हर गंगे!
Book GMVN Chamba online, it is located at a wonderful location!!
Visit Surkanda Devi Temple (Trek 2 KMS) - It has some divine views

You can then go ahead and visit Dhanolti, Kanatal, Tehri as per your convenience.

AnupamR

Super User
Gaurav bhai location is indeed good but rooms are not that great if they have not upgraded recently.

I stayed there twice and felt the same.

Book GMVN Chamba online, it is located at a wonderful location!!
Visit Surkanda Devi Temple (Trek 2 KMS) - It has some divine views

You can then go ahead and visit Dhanolti, Kanatal, Tehri as per your convenience.