Himachal suggestions needed

ananth725

Greetings everyone. I have previously visited Himachal a few times. But one can never get tired of the hills. So planning another one with a family of 5 (4 adults and an infant).

Was looking forward to cover Theog, Narkanda, Banjar, Naggar and maybe Manali. I can start from Manali or Shimla and could visit these places. I will have about 11 days in hand in the mountains, doing the trip in Mid November. Also, do I hire a taxi for drop offs or do you recommend a car full time. I'm looking forward for a relaxing trip and not touch and go. In fact, I could skip Manali if need be.

Kindly give me your suggestions.

ananth725

I do not know from which place you are starting.
I would suggest that you include Dalhousie in your itinerary.
I visited that place in November'2016 and it was a lovely trip
Dalhousie is beautiful indeed. But that will have to be a different trip. I'm ok to start from Manali or Shimla. Or perhaps start at Tirthan valley and end at Shimla.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your start point is Delhi you can cover all of these destinations comfortably in 11 days. I am a tad mystified with why you have Banjar on your list. Tirthan Valley and/or Jalori Pass are understandable.

ananth725

I am a tad mystified with why you have Banjar on your list. Tirthan Valley and/or Jalori Pass are understandable.
Tirthan is the main highlight of the trip. Depending on likes or dislikes, stay can be done. :) Do you recommend taxi pick/drop at all locations or self drive from Delhi. I have never booked a self drive vehicle, so I really dont know how their vehicle condition is.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
The freedom that a full-time vehicle affords you cannot be compared to a pick-up and drop-off service. The only reason people do not do it all the time is that of the expense. As for rental services, their cars are usually 'like-new'. Zoom Cars seems to be the flavour these days.

ananth725

The freedom that a full-time vehicle affords you cannot be compared to a pick-up and drop-off service. The only reason people do not do it all the time is that of the expense. As for rental services, their cars are usually 'like-new'. Zoom Cars seems to be the flavour these days.
Thank you Sirji. Any more ideas for the route?

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I prefer going the Narkanda > Jalori > Shoja > Naggar route. You could go to Manali too. Return via Mandi, Sundernagar route. You could consider staying a night at Rewalsar on the return trip.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Myles, Zoom Cars, Volar etc. are all good bets, as long as everything goes according to the plan. Vehicle condition can vary a lot and there is always scope of last minute change in vehicle. So keep an eye on that as well.