HiP HiP Hurray!

adsatinder

explorer
Great Exploration...........................
Great Driving............................
Great Places........................
Great Coverage................
Great Detail..................
Great Views..............
Great Captures......

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
They serve only vegetarian food I think.
Yes; the best vegetarian food. Thanks, RIDEON.

Great Exploration...........................
Great Driving............................
Great Places........................
Great Coverage................
Great Detail..................
Great Views..............
Great Captures......
Thanks a lot once again, adsatinder.

Santura Mata Mandir - Mussorie
If
Yes,
then Please post more Pics.
We didn't visit the temple due to lack of time, as we had to rush to Mall Road before 4 pm when the road would be closed for vehicular traffic upto 10 pm. Those were the only pics that I clicked.

Nice... Like the captions in every pic..Very descriptive.
Thank you very much for the appreciation, sachinsumant.

Last edited:

J.Ravi

Bikaner To Mount Abu

At a glance:

BikanerToMountAbuTrip.jpg

This was the route taken:

BikanerToMountAbuRoute.jpg

On 16 Sep 2013 morning after breakfast, I checked all the oils and fluids today morning after breakfast. My Linea consumed about 500 ml of Selenia K engine oil after 4,400 km. I topped up windshield cleaning fluid too. The coolant level remained at the maximum level and did not require topping up. She also had a wash. This was the cumulative trip record after which it got reset automatically.

MID2.jpg

We checked out of Jaswant Bhawan by 12:30 pm and started our more than 12 hour drive to Mount Abu. My MapMyIndia navigator tried to take me via one-way road, where the traffic was coming from the opposite direction. But, I did not budge. After a few enquiries, I took the bypass road and joined the highway to Jodhpur.

We visited Karni Mata temple, Deshnoke en route popularly known as the rat temple. Never in my life, did I see hundreds of rats at a time! Many of us had bad experience with the rodents, who ate our car's wires, rendering them motionless. But, the people at Deshnoke worshipped them by offering sweets, snacks, milk, water and what-not. Not to take any chance with them, I parked my Linea far away from the temple and walked to the temple under scorching sun! :grin:

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

MID.jpg

We reached RTDC Hotel Shikhar, Mount Abu, by 00:45 am by the next day.

J.Ravi

Mount Abu To Bangalore

At a glance:

MountAbuToBangaloreTrip.jpg

This was the route taken:

MountAbuToBangalore.jpg

17 Sep 2013: we slept; after complimentary breakfast, we continued our sleep; finally checked out of RTDC Shikhar by 12 noon. We then drove to Dilwara temple. After visiting the temple, we started our yet another marathon drive to home. I could do this task thanks to the excellent roads all along the route, barring Pune bypass and Pune - Satara stretch. We had our late lunch at Palanpur and excellent Kathiyawadi dinner comprising special bhindi side-dish, rotis and butter-milk at Hotel Girnar, located LHS on NH 8, between Bharuch and Valsad. Linea had her tankfuls at BP Palanpur, BP Valsad, BP COCOO at Khed Shivpur and BP COCOO at Kottur 1. We bypassed Mumbai and had a tea break at Lonavala. We then bypassed Pune and continued our driving upto Sai Food Court, near Kolhapur, where we had a break of more than an hour for morning ablutions, rest and breakfast. Later, we continued our drive upto Kamat Upachar at Sira bypass, where we had our late lunch. We reached home, sweet home by 7:10 pm on 18 Sep 2013. :)

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00646.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

MID.jpg

At last, this travelogue has come to an end. I thank one and all for the comments, compliments, kind words, suggestions, appreciation and expressing likes not once, but many times. :) I will compile the expenditure details and post them later.

Travelogue concluded.

J.Ravi

Toll Paid

Here are the details of toll paid. Contrary to the popular trend, some toll remain the same as compared to the last year's. For example, the toll of Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway [Mumbai Pune Expressway] remains unchanged at :r:165. The total toll paid was :r:4,409.

TollPaid.jpg

Last edited: