Honda Amaze Bookings Open

Hi All,

As you would be aware that after facing plummeting sales for it’s once segment leader cars, Honda has finally surrendered to the market sentiments and launched its first Diesel Car Amaze.

amaze.png

Finally it has hit the Indian shores and today they have started pre bookings for their car. Though Amaze is scheduled to launch on 10th April, they have started accepting bookings for their first Diesel Car.

Now let us see how Honda prices the vehicle as already their pricing have miserably sealed the fortune of one good car JAZZ. If Honda still prices the Amaze as it is positioned Jazz, will it be able to suffice.

Another question that goes in my mind is Amaze going to challenge the existing segment leaders read Dzire and can it be a serious threat to MSIL.
Let us see how it turns up the competition.

Cheers !!!!

SG

Uber_Cool

Honda have always been known to keep their pricing higher than the competition as a niche player(which they did with Jazz) so seriously doubt giving MSIL run for their money.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Another question that goes in my mind is Amaze going to challenge the existing segment leaders read Dzire and can it be a serious threat to MSIL.

Pricing of Honda Products have been at premium since inception. I doubt if Amaze will be priced near Dzire.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
As per AutoCar India, it may lie in the range of INR 6-7.5Lakhs

With such a pricing I'd like to see the car in flesh for space and performance. Being Honda, it should give a premium "feel"! ;)

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER
As per AutoCar India, it may lie in the range of INR 6-7.5Lakhs

With such a pricing I'd like to see the car in flesh for space and performance. Being Honda, it should give a premium "feel"! ;)
Reports say otherwise,it shares interiors with Brio,which is far from premium,just beige wont help.

If pricing is done correctly, it can give good competition to MSIL. Having said that, since i-Dtec engine is indigenously manufactured at the Rajasthan plant, Honda wouldn't be paying any royalties. Hence cost can be reduced.

Uber_Cool

As per my understanding Honda is banking on Amaze for being a diesel car , which would be anyways expensive then Honda City. So if Amaze has to compete with any MSIL product then it should be SX4 diesel.

This review makes the picture bit more clear!

[video=youtube;mRC0vFNUGOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mRC0vFNUGOk[/video]

jeetcp

Mediocre me
They have stopped entry version of City which was priced very low. This will help creating a gap between City and Amaze pricing.
Brio Petrol is not cheap. The Sedan will surely be expensive then Brio. And Market trend is that Diesel is priced 1L+ on Sedan petrol.
Given this, and knowing Honda, I dont think they will sell Amaze near price of Dzire.

Even if this means doing the Jazz mistake again, I have a feeling that they will do.