Honda Amaze Bookings Open

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Checked the car at Ring Road Honda. Came back with following observations :

The car looks strikingly similar to Brio, specially front (bumper looks bigger and muscular)
Rear looks much better than I expected.
Boot space is limited (maybe I am spoiled by Skoda).
Interior plastic quality is acceptable (saved by a narrow margin).
Fit and Finish of interior rivals first gen Indica. Glove box has huge space left even after closing.
AC console reminds me the era of 90's, fake aluminium finish/paint, slider controls for fresh air and cheap knobs puts you off.
Alloys on Diesel are different from Petrol and looks even worse than good Wheel covers.
Rear legroom is much better than my expectations.
Rear seats are slightly inclined towards back.
Front seats are single unit (with fixed headrests) and are very thin (hence liberates more space at rear).

Overall it appears to be a car built to budget and as I speculated should be an instant hit in commercial car market.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@Ankur:
Nice short first review!

Did YOU tried to sit in any of the seats?
If you are okay with the seating comfort, then most of us will start concentrating on other aspects too! :p

Similarly, if Vaibhav can give a thumbs up to it after sitting it in once, that can give a clear understanding! :)

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
@Ankur:
Nice short first review!

Did YOU tried to sit in any of the seats?
If you are okay with the seating comfort, then most of us will start concentrating on other aspects too! :p

Similarly, if Vaibhav can give a thumbs up to it after sitting it in once, that can give a clear understanding! :)
Yup Sachin, I sat comfortably in front as well as back and it was surprisingly spacious (though it doesn't appear so). I adjusted the front seats as per my driving and still could seat comfortably at rear without adjusting. Though rear seat is good for only 2 occupants at rear, with pathetic arm rest (they should have better avoided it) intruding the space.

Last edited:

Indizen

Today the salesman threatened to bring the car home and force me to take a test drive. I'm zimply amazed!