Honda CBR250R: Ownership thread

rbhasin11

Live Young...Live Free...
Hi guys. The thread has been awfully silent for a long time. Where are all the CBR owners?

I've been facing cold start issues with the bike for the last 2 weeks or so. It just doesn't start when the engine is cold. After returning from Ladakh last month, the bike was not ridden for about a couple of weeks, post which I thought of taking it out for a spin. The battery was fine, and the self was normal, but the engine wouldn't start. Could this be a clogged fuel line/filter or something else?

Once the engine is hot enough, the bike runs absolutely fine.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
@rbhasin11 i am not exert on fi units but most probably the o2 sensor is acting up get it checked also get the injectors cleaned and get the ecu checked . also
Get the plug cleand

Hi guys. The thread has been awfully silent for a long time. Where are all the CBR owners?

I've been facing cold start issues with the bike for the last 2 weeks or so. It just doesn't start when the engine is cold. After returning from Ladakh last month, the bike was not ridden for about a couple of weeks, post which I thought of taking it out for a spin. The battery was fine, and the self was normal, but the engine wouldn't start. Could this be a clogged fuel line/filter or something else?

Visit SVC and adjust Valve clearance
Valves change his postion on heated engine and cold engine. And its set on cold engine
Just Like tyre pressure shows more PSI when heated .. ;-)

hey bud saw your post on xbhp too. was out travelling. first thing first. i have had those cold start issues too. first get the fuel filter changed just in case. though it might not be the real issue. also remove the battery overnight and leave it. then reconnect for the ECU to learn new values. also make sure the engine kill switch button has proper contact. the symptoms you have mentioned can be one of those reasons as well. i had similar issue and disappeared automatically.

Arunlal C

Hi all,
I brought my Black 250r two months back...loving the machine. Still have some doubts. I also has the mysterious 5.5-6 k rattle, right from 500 kms onward till now( Odo reads 2986 kms).Now the problem is that engine feels like it is running a bit rough. Am getting high vibes at post 4700 rpm no effect on performance though.

rbhasin11

Live Young...Live Free...
15000kms update...
@IJS @sanchit350 @theironhorse Thanks for your suggestions guys. I got the 1st paid service (4th overall) done and the culprit looked to be the fuel filter. It had dirt in it and the service manager suggested a replacement.

The clutch cable was almost gone and wouldn't have lasted another 50kms. Overall service cost Rs 2260/- with the new engine oil, fuel filter and clutch cable.

Hi all,
I brought my Black 250r two months back...loving the machine. Still have some doubts. I also has the mysterious 5.5-6 k rattle, right from 500 kms onward till now( Odo reads 2986 kms).Now the problem is that engine feels like it is running a bit rough. Am getting high vibes at post 4700 rpm no effect on performance though.
thats pretty common to get vibes and yes engine at times does feel rough for the reason that engine is still setting in and clearances are pretty tight for a new engine. now that you are done almost 3000 km you should once a while push it towards 7000+ rpm however dont hold it for long there. just keep various rpm's as to engine to set in correctly at all rpm's.